New Lowe 1440M, upgrades

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RWD2

Reaction score
Hello New Friends,
I just picked up a 2017 Lowe 1440M to replace my '93 Sea Nymph 1436 (went to a good home). Keeping my 2006 Yamaha 15HP 2 stroke. I consider myself on the minimalist side of things, want to keep it open and versatile. I duck hunt in salt marshes and fish here and there, the dog always comes along.
Lowe1440M-1.jpg
Goals:
Camo Paint
Floor in front and midsection, HydroTurf over plywood
20 QT cooler in front of middle seat to serve as seat when using bow mounted trolling motor.
Build a mount for small trolling motor
LED navigation sights with small 12V battery (or add rectifier/regulator, if I can figure that out)
Convert live well to dry storage
Properly mount motor, maybe a new prop

My burning questions;
Looking for advice on mounting the motor. The anti cavitation plate is about 2 inches below the level bottom of the boat (I hope there is a photo below). I would like to get it higher so I can scoot though shallower water and increase efficiency. I'm thinking about a mini-jacker. I will look around the threads, but opinions welcome:)
Anti Cavitation Plate.jpg
As I move the motor up, and consider a new prop, is a tiny tach a good investment?
Anybody use the "lighting coil" to run lights? Should I post that in electrical?
Thanks

Latest posts