15’ Richline Jon Boat Build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redhorse1503

Reaction score
Here’s my ALL Aluminum 15’ richline Jon boat project. It is being built with aluminum angle iron for framing and aluminum for flooring. Transom will be built from aluminum as well. I Wanted to do a lot more deck on it but kept it simple since I’m building it to take my kids out. Still working on it. There will be updates! Lemme know what you think. Check it out here! https://youtu.be/h9wbOMXX1jY

My current and I use the tearm loosely big boat as its only 3.5m is all aluminum appart from the floor as it was hard at the time to find strong enough aluminum to stand on without bending unless I put extra supports underneath it.

But I also used thicker aluminum on my casting deck with a wider overlap so it can hold my weight.

But the plan looks simple enough so it should work just fine.
I'm a big believer in keeping it simple, simple never goes wrong, not really anyway but complexity has caused me some big problems in the past.
I used to say anything worth engineering, is worth over engineering.
But not these days.

Thanks for the reply. The flooring is made from construction sign aluminum. The bracing underneath is at most 10” apart. I’m 250 lbs and it holds me just fine. I think it’s gonna be a great boat when I’m done. I will be doing a lot of follow up videos to explain what I’ve done so far and what will be done in the future.

I’m gonna try to get my transom done this weekend so the boat is almost seaworthy! One thing I’m stumped on and need to figure out is flooring. I am bouncing between carpet, paint (with or without sand or grit for traction), Bedliner paint, sometype of nonskid tape/grip tape or do y’all have any other ideas?? Any input is appreciated.

Attachments

• 2CCE304F-7D4E-4539-BE45-D8AE2740A893.jpeg
    2CCE304F-7D4E-4539-BE45-D8AE2740A893.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 3,547
Paint with non slip tape would be my 2st choice if you don't want carpet.

Run strips front to back about 1.5 inch apart, so you can wash the dirt out.

Hey guys here’s another video. More detailed of the design and materials. Comment on the video or on here with thoughts or ideas! Thanks! https://youtu.be/20rgrG2uRzA

Hey produce man thanks for the heads up on the tuff coat. I was actually just checking that out on bass pro website. Looks like a great option. I got he transom done this past weekend and will have a video up shortly about it. Thanks again. Lemme know what y’all think.

Attachments

• 9B9BA7C9-E117-40A6-8B91-32F03F28827B.png
    9B9BA7C9-E117-40A6-8B91-32F03F28827B.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 3,293
looks good. subscribed. I used construction signs on my past aluminum as well they held fine (yes they were Legally obtained LOL) I would do carpet to cut down on heat personally

Thanks for the replies. And the subscribe PBR. I think I’m with y’all on the carpet for those reasons and more. I have some time to think about it. I’m going to fish it a little before I keep going crazy so I can see how it fishes and go from there with future improvements, to see what I will like. Customize it to what I need. Now I will get it sealed up and ready for the water. And I will get the trailer done and ready for the road. I want it to be fishable by March. So that’s the goal!! The final touches will have to wait for a rainy day. Thanks!!

Thats the best way, use it some till you get the feel for it and what you want to change.
It will save money in the long run and get you exactly what you need.

Latest posts