Looking to convert aluminum boat to bass boat, HELP

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mnbassboat

Reaction score
My biggest concern is that I don't want to put in all the time on the wrong boat. So which is a great boat to convert. I've watched a lot of videos and believe I will be able to convert it with ease. But I will be a first time boat buyer. Any recommendations? Looked around craigslist and have seen some good deals on 16ft aluminum boats, just don't know which to pull the trigger on. Ideally looking for: Used, aluminum v-hull, 16ft.
Thanks!

You could look for one that is ready to go.

Have you tried 'Search Tempest'?

It searches nationwide.

You might have to drive a bit, but if you get exactly what you want, might be worth it.

I guess to be a bass boat you need 1) a trolling motor up front, 2) swivel seats on pedestals, and 3) a flat raised deck that is flush with the gunnels. If you skip #3, then I think you increase your options. I might be wrong but think the most desired thing is probably the raised deck.

Now, it you want a "real" bass boat, it will need to be made out of a bright glittery red plastic and put out a wake that will swamp most tin boats under 15' in length. :LOL2:

You’re asking a very vague question. We need to know what will the boat be used for? How many people do you plan on having in the boat? What type of waters will you be using the boat in?

Personally I’d look for a stock boat that is as close as possible to what you want. I’d run it for a full season as is.

Some boats are very stable with a raised deck some are not. You’d hate to build a boat and the realize that it’s not stable enough for you.

Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if I was vague, I'm more of looking for recommendations on a boat itself, brand, model. Something that would be reliable to build in and add a deck and trolling motor. I have very little knowledge and I haven't found anything very informative about what are some good tin boats to look at

Mnbassboat said:
Sorry if I was vague, I'm more of looking for recommendations on a boat itself, brand, model. Something that would be reliable to build in and add a deck and trolling motor. I have very little knowledge and I haven't found anything very informative about what are some good tin boats to look at

FYI. This thread contains mods done by members on this site.
Plenty of helpful information there...

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3156

Mnbassboat said:
I'll sell you this one for $2500? All it needs is a trolling motor and carpet
4f70d1e4b6cbdf692beeecdbe82f9a3e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hang out at a local lake and see what looks good or maybe catch a ride with guys who fish alone. It's hard to shop unless you know what you want. Prowelder's tracker looks like a good deal.

Latest posts