Aplin's Alumacraft Model FL

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aplin

Reaction score
Hi All,

This is my first boat - got it for free. Hoping to get it ready by the summer! Suggestions are welcome and much appreciated!

Here she is! Alumacraft Model FL. Looks like the previous owner did somewhat of a conversion.

After using Napa Aluminum Brightener then scrubbing with Brillo pads - didn't worry about the floor/ribs since it'll be covered. Exterior looks just as good - I need to take a pic. Also, I knocked out dents using a rubber mallet and also some PDR tools (I once was a paintless dent tech).

Holy cow, you did that by hand with brillo pads. :shock: That is a heck of a lot of scrubbing. My shoulders hurt just thinking about it.

By the way. I have to ask. Did you use the wax on/wax off method? :LOL2: :LOL2:

LDUBS said:
Holy cow, you did that by hand with brillo pads. :shock: That is a heck of a lot of scrubbing. My shoulders hurt just thinking about it.

By the way. I have to ask. Did you use the wax on/wax off method? :LOL2: :LOL2:

Yes, by hand with Brillo Pads. Actually, it was really quick and easy to get the shine back. Just used a squirt bottle and keep the surface wet. Took about two boxes of Brillo Pads. I'd skip the acid wash and just use the pads if I had to do it again. I spend maybe 2 hours doing both inside and out.

Bugger, that must be good stuff, I took a pressure sprayer and a brillo oad attachment in a drill to get that effect, and it was still **** hard work.
But it definitely turned out nice.

Latest posts