Floor Replacement Help Grumman 166P

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zook

Reaction score
Can someone point me in the right direction on what to do with the wood under the side panels? The floor is in decent shape but I am adding a battery up front, replacing the deck in the nose of the boat, and adding a bench across the back for me and to add storage. Figured mise well try to replace the main floor while I'm at it. But I hit a wall when I saw that the plywood ran under the side panels. I've replaced a few boat floors with my pops but they were tear out the rotted and put the new pieces in, not like this. I thought about cutting it at the edge and just leaving the wood under the livewell and side panels. But not sure the best way to go about that even.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 918
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 918
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 918
No one? I think I'm going to cut even with the panel somehow and replace it with 3/4. Should come up far enough to cover any blemishes.

The compartments would probably have to come out to do it right. A search will pull up lots of floor replacement jobs.