I love my tinnie, BUT...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oakchas

Reaction score
This was a lot of work and time. I really like the simplicity, and the addition of wood, of the second one. I'd change a couple of things (add seats)... But otherwise, a simple, clean solution... Found it on Pinterest. Comments?
2c9e4d621492aa63f4e9a8b6c71624ed.jpg
c0a78d04f776ef144e8debb39d52f95b.jpg

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Having had a few dozen pieces of teak ‘bright work’ on a former boat, even a custom pulpit I designed & made, documented as the Miss Teak w/ the USCG ... I will tell you that wood on a boat is a labor of love!

She was always voted as the prettiest boat on the river, but after a few years of seasonal upkeep ... that work got old FAST ...

Dale, thanks! And yeah, taking care of a beauty with teak, and mahogany would be a chore... This looks like plywood siding... Prolly is. Cheap. Some old timers concoction and spar varnish might stay pretty for a bit...? Replace when too weathered.

Going left to right to lower I'll take #1 and #3.

I just don't like all the added weight and carpet on version #2. Just a matter of taste is all, #3 looks damned sharp!

#1 IS #2 after... And only added 60 lbs. to factory weight.... But, I do kinda like #3, for the wooden bits and the rod storage. Busted my hump to make #2 out of #1 and I wouldn't go overboard like that again.

Latest posts