~1967 19’ Aluminum Crestliner Norseman mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alldaysit

Reaction score
Well, I found this site years ago and modified a 14’ Alumacraft into a bass fishing boat. I’ll post some pics of that up shortly. I had a child and want to enjoy the lake in different ways now. As I was looking I decided I wanted a Lund Pro-V Bass but at $50,000 I won’t be able to afford that until the house is paid off! So in the meantime of 25 years, I started researching for larger deeper aluminum hulls I could essentially do the same thing to as I did the 14’. I found many and purchased what I believe is a 1967 19’ Crestliner Norseman. It’s 88” wide and has high sides perfect for my young daughter to play inside safely. My mom bought it cheap (anyone have divorce experience as that’s what I’m in the process of currently lol). It came with an EZ Roller trailer, spare tire which we used on the trip home, 115 Mercury which I believe is a 1976.

I will be demoing the interior and copying Lund’s model 1975 Barron layout I believe. I do want to pull Wakeboarders, skiers, and tubing for years to come. The hull is rated for a 125 and I may keep an eye out for one looking into the future. This is a big water hull and I wanted this. The bow is 48” deep. It’s rated for 8 people.

6e49adc1c115842a8bba889817326052.jpg
86edd71bf3bf2577bc494557d6f7eaa7.jpg
24d4d989db2931d4036c0e3c4058ab46.jpg
0139dec447c0adf84fe1bc630f78792e.jpg
fdfa6965376a28d4a7dbb329697f19cb.jpg
25ef386bef1b2d8b2d5e2835aef5bee7.jpg
4b4ad0c759cba7ba48003bc3483c7baf.jpg
f83a40214e548cdb46b116d29dc9ddb5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do like the vintage items on this boat. Does anyone know if there is a market for them? I would imagine there is. I may remove most of them and sell them, including the windshield. I sold the vintage windshield off that Alumacraft I modified for $440. I paid $500 for that boat and trailer. My brother and I call it the $60 boat. Here it is now.
efc45aa6376e0039644b562f1cee2ae0.jpg

534065ee5226fcbd7f04f010d4c42023.jpg
a30e305ac4ee593d5e2ce390c2e6b12a.jpg
a8e6eac30ccf6d5825376deafffcf9f0.jpg
00511c1bae2deb61801355bdcb5cc5f0.jpg
71f8f8a2d11c4aa77e78c0642388d0d3.jpg
b8ee7b576e141121019853c4c223b029.jpg
3c29d0f7213f0db74104483a12b96cb4.jpg
284c56f7fb5417402182c6cd6a412a08.jpg

I made my own Shallow water anchor system for cheap using 3/4” conduit. I welded a flat plate on the end for using it as a push pole as well. The center rod locker will hold a few 8’ rods as well as a number of others. We fill it up. The livewell is a plastic utility sink cut down to fit into the boat. Works awesome keeping 5 fish alive all day. The boat however is just too small for me to safely bring my young daughter out in. I think she would be ok, but I want a safe stable fun ride to enjoy with her for years to come.

So I will be documenting my modification over the next 6 or so months on the new hull. I pressure washed the entire outside that is why the paint is missing in spots. I will be repainting it one of Lund’s new paint scheme layouts. I am fond of the light blue color for some reason ever since I seen Trackers new blue a few years ago.

Oh, the Mariner 25 with my 250lb brother, me and all our gear will hit 19mph. The SE 200 hydrofoil really helped get it to plane out better. My tach says 56-5700 RPMs so I could probly pitch down one but at this point who cares. I did put an onboard two bank on this boat as well. Overall, the jump from a 14’x62” wide to 19’x88” wide shall make one heck of a big difference. Can’t wait to get it cleaned up, modified and on the water.

Congrats. That Crestliner is a great design.

The floor looks like it could be 1x redwood decking?

I may have misunderstood, but are you thinking of selling the windshield of the new-to-you Crestliner? I don't understand and think you might regret it later.

LDUBS said:

I may have misunderstood, but are you thinking of selling the windshield of the new-to-you Crestliner? I don't understand and think you might regret it later.

The floor is that composite decking that doesn’t rot. I don’t know how old it is but it may have been the first version of it.

I am thinking of selling the windshield. I’m afraid to modify it to be a walk through design. I want a front deck area and will most likely sawzall out a considerable portion of the front cap area. I may also change it to a single console. I am hesitant to do that though even though the space that two consoles take up is considerable.

alldaysit said:
LDUBS said:

The floor is that composite decking that doesn’t rot. I don’t know how old it is but it may have been the first version of it.

I am thinking of selling the windshield. I’m afraid to modify it to be a walk through design. I want a front deck area and will most likely sawzall out a considerable portion of the front cap area. I may also change it to a single console. I am hesitant to do that though even though the space that two consoles take up is considerable.

Aw, I get it. Your talking about a major remodeling. I look forward to following your project. Post lots of pic's.

LDUBS said:
alldaysit said:
LDUBS said:

Aw, I get it. Your talking about a major remodeling. I look forward to following your project. Post lots of pic's.

Yep, that’s my plan. Here are some rough ideas:

a5a4f0a32ab44410f85f6bdc05ce6d12.png

5ae4d87e07883d09a6421ad8f2f6721c.png
c1f19397e4954565575eb7f4b3cba578.png

So that’s the baron which would be fun for all purposes, but the Pro-V bass layout is great for fishing up front I feel:

a3263c69c972e28c131530cb9b06fec6.png

861ea1e849da01b4866acfb2332dc4f4.png

The main console in the Crestliner is pretty far forward so that may force me into copying the Baron layout. I think if I take out the passenger console I can have a suitable front deck, rear deck/livewell/fuel/storage/battery storage/etc and a good sized main floor area. It would be awesome to take this rig on camping trips.

Your boat is a great design. I really liked the look of it.
When the weather gets rough or cold, having a windshield and a deck are very handy. The value of that boat will definitely decrease if you remove them.

If your heart is set on an open bow, your best bet might be a different boat.

ppine said:
Your boat is a great design. I really liked the look of it.
When the weather gets rough or cold, having a windshield and a deck are very handy. The value of that boat will definitely decrease if you remove them.

If your heart is set on an open bow, your best bet might be a different boat.

Thanks. I understand that. I bought it at the bottom of the value barrel and don’t plan on reselling it. I couldn’t find another larger aluminum hull for less than 7k or so with an open bow.

I was looking at the pic's again. Just curious. Why is a 2x4 U-bolted there right in from of the axle? Or, maybe I'm looking at it wrong.

It is a great boat. I recommend you spend some time making sure of your remodel plans. Maybe even use it in its current configuration. Once you start cutting it is going to be tough to go back. Whatever you decide, I look forward to following your project.

I am starting to like the idea of two permanent seats in the bow for the helm and a passenger, and then leaving the rest of the boat open. Deck chairs can be used most of the time depending on the amount of passengers. It is a great asset for a fishing boat to be able to move around the cockpit easily. I mosty stand up when trolling anyway.

If I didn't already have a welded fishing boat I would might be out looking for one like yours. It has a coolness factor and they do not cost much.

"If I didn't already have a welded fishing boat I would might be out looking for one like yours. It has a coolness factor and they do not cost much."

I was thinking almost the exact same thing.

I agree on keeping it open but I think Allday wants to use it for family water sports as well as fishing. Back-to-back seats are good because they can have decent storage under.

LDUBS said:
I was looking at the pic's again. Just curious. Why is a 2x4 U-bolted there right in from of the axle? Or, maybe I'm looking at it wrong.

It is a great boat. I recommend you spend some time making sure of your remodel plans. Maybe even use it in its current configuration. Once you start cutting it is going to be tough to go back. Whatever you decide, I look forward to following your project.

I have no idea what they had going on with this trailer as far as the planks go. I haven’t had it in the water yet, but it looks like I could walk from the tongue to the axle on the trailer. I’ll be working on it again tonight so I will take a few more pictures.

akboats said:
I really like this idea you have. lots of space to fish from and really stable.

Thanks! I can’t wait to keep working on it.

I put the top up tonight! It is a Great Lakes water bonnet. It appears to be from 1977. It’s in darn good shape yet.

ce374d778ebc7dc06dfcc28338369275.jpg

3c4dfa29d84573665823114bc52c0e1a.jpg

636c1b68f272b71701422d2209c5e7a3.jpg

5734798c01277d223607f2bafa372c98.jpg

b93006b56701876354435d4c0796e648.jpg

Your boat is cool. Paint it and use the hell out of it.
You do not want to lose the utility of that windshield and the cover. Maybe add some side curtains.

ppine said:
Your boat is cool. Paint it and use the hell out of it.
You do not want to lose the utility of that windshield and the cover. Maybe add some side curtains.

Thanks. I put the top up and thought the same thing. This boat is awesome. Maybe I will make the windshield into a folding windshield and just sawzall out the front and make a nice casting platform upfront. Leave the windshield and consoles in place. Then install a rear deck, chairs, etc.

Latest posts