Carpet

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salexander

Reaction score
So, has anyone had experience with carpet from Bass Pro/Cabellas?

They have several different kinds online - I am not interested in a very expensive carpet, but I want it to feel like boat carpet - not like scratchy "outdoor" carpet.

If you didn't get yours at BP or Cab. - is there another online source that is good to get it at?

If you are not stuck on a certain color,check out Lowe's and Home Depot's out door carpet.Use plenty of contact adhesive on both the carpet and surface the carpet is going on.

my neighbor had an older tracker that had grey carpet on it. i went to the home depot and got grey indoor/outdoor carpet and he says it is just like his old tracker.

I used the Lowes carpet as well and I think it is pretty soft stuff. I dont think you would be disapointed and it's priced right.

Dave

Hey water,

Did you just create an edge for your carpet, or did you wrap it? I am putting in a deck and trying to decide wether to wrap it around the bottom or just cut an edge. Thought it might frey at the edge.

you might even consider putting carpet padding under the carpet... it makes it that much softer. I've done it on past projects and it makes a ton of difference... just glue it down to the wood, then glue the carpet on top.

I'll be honest though, I've never glued any of my floors, just made sure they were stretched as much as possilbe... don't know about side walls though, I've never carpeted them before.

Latest posts