Lund TYEE

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IADIVER

Reaction score
Just got the Lund backed into the garage today, here are some pictures of it before getting started, floor is soft in a couple spots, so new Marine grade plywood going to be put down, going to remove one of the consoles, as I've decided I want more room to move around, going to raise the captains console about 8", hate how Lund put the seat pedestals down through the floor, unless that was a mod done too this one by former owners? Will try and keep pictures coming as we go along.pIMG_1322.jpgIMG_1323.jpgIMG_1326.jpgIMG_1327.jpgIMG_1328.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a great build! And nice FAST boats too, as mine would turn 43mph with the old '90 OMC looper on it. Mounted it to a CMC trim/tilt bracket so I could add power trim to the motor.

I converted mine from dual console (DC) layout to a center console (CC) layout, picture shown, as I was heavily into saltwater flyfishing then. Used one side of the windshield, with the 2 side pieces to fabricate the new windshield for the console. You can see my seat pedestals are higher than OEM too. Only sold it to upgrade to a bigger offshore boat.

Attachments

• Tyee18.jpg
    Tyee18.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 2,551
What year is your Tyee? I used to have a 1980 and would love to have it back to do what you are doing... Great boat. Had a 115 Johnson on it at the time and it flat out flew.. built like a tank. Keep us apprised of your project!

wmrmurphy said:
What year is your Tyee? I used to have a 1980 and would love to have it back to do what you are doing... Great boat. Had a 115 Johnson on it at the time and it flat out flew.. built like a tank. Keep us apprised of your project!
It's either a 1982 or 84 don't remember if the top of my head, mine has a 110 Evinrude and it will run about 40.

IADIVER said:
wmrmurphy said:
It's either a 1982 or 84 don't remember if the top of my head, mine has a 110 Evinrude and it will run about 40.

Just looked at registration, it's an 82 and not sure why I said Evinrude, it's a Johnson, wow, old age really sucks.. Lol

DaleH said:
Looks like a great build! And nice FAST boats too, as mine would turn 43mph with the old '90 OMC looper on it. Mounted it to a CMC trim/tilt bracket so I could add power trim to the motor.

I converted mine from dual console (DC) layout to a center console (CC) layout, picture shown, as I was heavily into saltwater flyfishing then. Used one side of the windshield, with the 2 side pieces to fabricate the new windshield for the console. You can see my seat pedestals are higher than OEM too. Only sold it to upgrade to a bigger offshore boat.
You got any other pictures of your old Tyee? Not sure I want to go to a center console, but the thought has crossed my mind more than once lately.

Made some progress on removing the flooring tonight, did a little brainstorming on how we wanted the finished product to look like as well.
Here are a few photos of our progress.
IMG_1348.jpg
Pretty ugly, but will get the shop vac out tomorrow[emoji846]
IMG_1350.jpg
The current livewell situated in front of the double consoles.
IMG_1352.jpg
Set the "new" livewell where we're thinking of moving it to, removing the old livewell and making that area under the flooring storage compartment, building the front flooring up to be level and the length of the new livewell. The new console will be next to the new built up area around the livewell. Hope that makes sense to you all.
That way we will have seating in the bow for running the trolling motor and fishing, a seat next to the captains console and a couple more seats twords the stern. Room for 4 Fisher persons if need be. It's real comfortable fishing 3 people now, not sure that will change with the new flooring layout.
More to be done tomorrow, will post more pictures when we are done.

Getting the floor supports cleaned up, notice the Sparks? No that shouldn't be happening on an aluminum boat, previous owner had replaced the floor prior to me purchasing it, guess they used sheet rock screws as fasteners, not a good choice, had to rip the plywood off cause we couldn't back the screws out. New floor will be riveted in.IMG_1354.jpg

Haven't got allot done lately, going to be putting a different livewell in, took the original out that went across the boat in front of the consoles, since we are removing the port side console, we decided to put a salvaged livewell from another Lund along the port side of the boat, bringing the floor up level with the livewell. The old livewell had 2 overflow holes going out both the port side and starboard side, now I only need one overflow and going to use the one on the port side, I'm looking for a good way to "plug" the starboard hole. I have not taken the fitting out at this point. My son wants me to have it welded up from the inside and use some sort of filler to smooth it out then paint it. I want to leave it and plug it up somehow, just not sure how to do that yet. Any suggestions from anyone who has done this before would be greatly appreciated.

Cap the inlet side of the fitting and you should be good. I imagine its well above the waterline.

EZ707 said:
Cap the inlet side of the fitting and you should be good. I imagine its well above the waterline.

That is what I was thinking, trying to convince my son that that is the easiest and less costly way to do it, I keep telling him it's not a real problem.. Lol

Making some headway on the Tyee, since the last post we have gotten some framing done, the live well placed, and some wood cut for the floor, got carpet the other day, going with a Gray color in 24 ounce. Think I'm going to like the carpet[emoji6]..
5cfb94256a8cdcd99b773efe7e4d9b32.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190505/d22c5ea1074410f15693b2edc3738fea.jpg[/IMG]

Got quite a bit done since the last post, best way to say it is with pictures.

Attachments

• '83 lund Tyee 1.jpg
    '83 lund Tyee 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,657
  • '83 lund Tyee 2.jpg
    '83 lund Tyee 2.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 1,657
Thanks High Desert, Hopefully with the long weekend ahead, we can have it finished and on the water next week... :)

Latest posts