Existing Deck

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ern

Reaction score
I'm extending the front deck,if you lay plywood over the existing deck,would you have trouble with water getting in between the existing deck and the plywood.Should I just butt up the the existing deck? Thanks
Ernie

Pics would help. I would not lay over existing. You could use some heavy duty velcro or snaps underneath to keep the seam tight.

So when you put carpet in,you would glue to the metal on the exsisting deck,then glue to the plywood with the add on separate? I'm going to add on about four foot.

Attachments

• IMG_3228.jpg
    IMG_3228.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 976
Will the four deck include storage hatches or just deck? I would prefer to have the 4 ft addition removable so you could access the floor if needed. You could build it where you could slide storage items under it.

I would say you could frame up a 4ft extension with aluminum or wood and use marine grade ply board for the top. Just have it butt up against the existing deck and have the top flush. Put some hatch lids in it for storage and carpet over it all together.

Marine grade plywood is expensive and not needed. A good exterior grade plywood properly sealed will work fine for your project. Remember never use pressure treated wood on your aluminum boat.

Latest posts