Another Tracker rebuild! ‘88 Bass Tracker

*****This section is for Full Boat Projects Only*****
LDUBS

Post by LDUBS »

Turd Ferguson wrote:
19 Nov 2019, 21:43

I don’t feel like typing out much more so please ask any questions if you’d like!
Maybe not a question but had a thought while reading your progress. If you have extra PVC conduit maybe put it in just in case you need to make any pulls in the future. Might make life a little easier down the road.

Your work is impressive. That mount for your Lowrance FF is very cool. Just sayin.
Have Rod - Will Fish

Turd Ferguson

Post by Turd Ferguson »

thedude wrote:
19 Nov 2019, 22:41
I bet you itching to get that fish finder out in the water!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Oh man, talk about putting lipstick on a pig. That thing cost half of what I bought the boat for :mrgreen: I did have it up and running on my buddies boat and what a game changer compared to the 7 that I have for the bow. It’s like looking at a flatscreen!

Turd Ferguson

Post by Turd Ferguson »

LDUBS wrote:
19 Nov 2019, 22:57
Turd Ferguson wrote:
19 Nov 2019, 21:43

I don’t feel like typing out much more so please ask any questions if you’d like!
Maybe not a question but had a thought while reading your progress. If you have extra PVC conduit maybe put it in just in case you need to make any pulls in the future. Might make life a little easier down the road.

Your work is impressive. That mount for your Lowrance FF is very cool. Just sayin.
Thanks! I’m very good at overcomplicating things, driving myself crazy... :shock:

I’m very impressed with how this mount is built. But I wouldn’t want to consider anything else to hold up a unit that costs as much as that one...

I may add another conduit just in case. It’s definitely a good idea, seeing as I won’t have much room in the 1-1/4 to add anything else. Very helpful suggestion :beer:

When I bought the boat there were a few wires that ran from the console to the outboard, including the steering cable, throttle and shift cables, and the main power cable from the remote control. Those cables will be ran in the same place, under the gunnel along the back deck. So if I need to, and don’t have room in the conduit, I can bundle some wires along with those.

jerseycat9

Post by jerseycat9 »

I'm in the process of rebuilding a Tracker very close to yours so I'm definitely keeping an eye on your thread brother 👍