New floor plans

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rlight2

Reaction score
Ok I have a 1989 spectrum 1700 that I ripped the floors out in because they were soft. It had a front casting deck but it was the one where it wasn’t solid. When I put my new floors in I’d like to build a solid casting deck that runs from front of bow all the way to the dual consoles my dilemma is I’m not sure what to put in bow to support it the old one had a metal u shaped piece that ran from pass side console went into the U then over to driver side console. Here is a pic of what I’m working with and I’m thinking of building these braces 2 or 3 of them and running 1” angle aluminum to build the hatch holes but to also connect the braces and support for the floor. And also I’m not sure what thickness of plywood to get everything I’ve read guys are using 3/4” but I was wondering if 1/2” or 5/8” would work.

Attachments

• DA2221AB-51B2-448D-9C58-248E1400A9C9.jpeg
    DA2221AB-51B2-448D-9C58-248E1400A9C9.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 928
Thank you. What thickness of plywood would you use. I was thinking 3/4 but was looking to save some weight.

If you add angle reinforcement so you don't have unsupported spans > 12"~14" I see no reason why you couldn't use 1/4" ply, especially if your primary goal is weight savings. Just be sure to take extra care to seal it well so it is less prone to warping.

Latest posts