way to add a bow-mount, hand controlled trolling motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

senkosam

Reaction score
I own an old bass boat and when the trolling died, I couldn't see spending over $650 for a bow mount tm and in fact had one in the garage I never use. After checking out bow mounts for sale, I ordered one from Amazon but first checked customer comments beforehand. Since this heavy boat can only be pulled around by a 55# thrust or more powerful tm, I needed to make sure the bracket and deck could hold a tm weighing 40 lbs even though it was rated for 35# thrust or less. My buddy and I came up with a solution: support the arm that holds the mount.
This is the bracket mounted on an aluminum bow:
7UzLVz2.jpg

modification for handling a heavy tm:
Oj3UD8m.jpg
MggINMI.jpg
lXyy1Kw.jpg

Unless you would only attach a light tm, extra support is a must or the small screws that come with the bracket will rip out of the metal base. The upright support L brackets support the suspended weight.

Today I add a foot control for the hand control Minn Kota. This way I can steer with an extension handle while running the tm intermittently at one chosen speed.

Latest posts