1989 Alumacraft Lunker LTD / 1990 Highway trailer

Tear down and restore of a new project

*****This section is for Full Boat Projects Only*****
Pector55

Post by Pector55 »

Update

As the weather got cooler and daylight went away, I loaded the boat on the trailer and pulled it around in front of my garage. I've been working on her as time permits.

I started by building the front top deck, that will serve as the mount for my i-drive trolling motor and electric winch/anchor. I mocked those up and pre-drilled them so I could epoxy the wood and line the holes in the process.
20191103_131906_resized.jpg
Then I built the front deck that holds the large tote for storing life vests.
bow deck.jpg
Then I build the rear deck and cut the hatches. This is a thick 20 oz carpet so I have to trim these hatches down even further prior to carpet. I'm also putting some vinyl wrap on the inside so they are still not finished. The two outer hatches have 5 gal totes inside and the center one is just open so I can put in a 3 gal gas tank.
rear storage.jpg
Then I build an all aluminum seat base for my row of bench seats. I mocked them up to see if I got the height right and whether I liked them. These will hinge forward 30" / 17" doors, for storage inside.
bench seat base.jpg
Last edited by Pector55 on 18 Nov 2019, 21:15, edited 1 time in total.

Pector55

Post by Pector55 »

I got out on Sunday and I framed up the livewell side and determined how it will cut back in to the hull and run along the bench seats.
On the other side I framed in the rod locker space and a Plano storage box for lures.
On both sides, I stopped the framing about the same place. From there they cut in 11.5" to where the base aluminum will be about 4.5" from the hull. This will run straight back and attach to the bench seat. My OCD won't allow me not not keep it symmetrical. lol
Framing.jpg
After that, I framed in a 27x13 area under the front deck. This will be my battery compartment. I should have the holders by Wed and I have a 2 bank charger to mount to the back wall. I figured I better get this part done and get the batteries installed now. I want to do all the wiring before getting too carried away covering up the framing or it may be tough to get to.
Battery.jpg