My upgrade

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joho5

Reaction score
Ok, I appologize but I didnt take pics of the process, but here is the basically finished state. This is a 1974 Delhi flatbottom boat that is 14 ft long. It took me all summer but it was due to the summer Texas heat. I couldnt work more than about 1-2 hours at a time before I had to stop.

basically just added a casting deck to the front with a bow mount trolling motor and graph - all carpeted. I painted the outside and inside. It has a 1971 Johnson 9.5 that I rebuild the carb, lower unit seals, and fuel pump. I also basically bought a trailer that was in its grave in a field and sanded / primed / got new tires / got new bunks and carpeted them and it works fine. I learned alot from this project as it was my first boat to ever restore as well as outboard motor to work on.

take a look

PIC-0028.jpg

PIC-0029.jpg

PIC-0030%7E0.jpg

Do you have problems with the nose riding really high?How are full throttle take offs?Man I bet that boat skims along pretty fast.I like it.Nice werk.

take offs are fine, the extra weight with the wood and trolling motor keep that in check. It plains out ok, not blazing fast, but gets me where I need to go. The very front of the bow was higher than the rest of the boat so I just went level to there and just raised that little piece. I used 2x2's and 3/8 wood. Treated it all and used Simpson ties for the bracing. It works good for what I do.

It was fun, now I am ready to do some fishing.

i sit in the back...I am installing a base bracket in the front with a seat...just havent got to it yet.

Matt

I have actually thought about just leaving no seat. This is a small, low profile boat. Its mainly designed for just be because it is skinny and low profile and I like not having a seat in the way.

If anything I will put a base and a removeable pole with just a little bass seat or something.

i love how this thing fishes though. I can get into shallow water.