Planning&Configuring Aluminum Boat Make Over

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbrev42

Reaction score
I think I may have found a boat to convert, lol now all i need is some extra $$$ he wants 650 but im gonna try and ween him down.

every thing looks to be fine motors a peice of crap, was planning on getting a new one anyway. Trailer looks to be good too.Still awaiting details from owner.

Define "piece of crap" for the motor. Unless it is seized up, or has a window to a piston (threw a rod) that old Johnson (18 horse?) will not have a problem. If properly cared for, that motor has more hours LEFT in its life, than a brand new one has total. The seats in it are made the better way. They have more structure. 2 of our 7 boats we have had in the last year, have had the seats that weren't like that, and after a few years, when the metal weakens, the boats flex to much. We now know, so in the future, we will only buy the correct kind. 650 doesn't seem at all bad for that boat, with that motor. That is at, or even below fair market for Atlanta. Good luck!!

PS, if you do decide to throw the motor away, I will take it. :D

Latest posts