My 1436 Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrwiggins

Reaction score
I'm finally making some progress on my project. I've got the trailer ready to go, except for new lights (installing tomorrow). The boat is almost completely stipped, then it will be ready to go and be welded where it needs it. After that, I'll (finally) be painting and moving on to the interior (I am about sick of sanding!)

Anyway - this sight has been great for research getting started. Thanks for all of the great info! This is my first mod - I hope that mine turn out half as well as some of the great work I have seen on this sight.

Here are some of my pictures from an earlier thread:
https://s733.photobucket.com/albums/ww339/rlwiggin/

Here are the latest trailer pics:
https://s733.photobucket.com/albums/ww339/rlwiggin/

Ok- finally got the boat back from the welder - this boat is still going to be ugly but he fixed the structural problems that I asked him to. The boat is fairly thin gauge aluminum, so he actually had to weld some aluminum angle and rod to the floor to give him something to work with. It will be covered by the floor, so no big deal. Sorry for the poor picture quality...

Boat3-22025.jpg

Boat3-22023.jpg

Boat3-22026.jpg

Boat3-22024.jpg

Also got some painting done this weekend. First, I covered some small leaks with JB Waterweld, and then applied a coat of Gluvit as thick as I could. It was a little hard to work with, and I didn't watch it as well as I should. YOu can see under some of the paint where it ran (but it looks like the paint ran). The stuff was thick enough that it didn't really start to run until after I walked away. Anyway, this project is not so much about looks...I'm just hoping that she floats, or at least sinks very slowly [-o<

Primer

Boat3-22018.jpg

You can see here where the Gluvit ran a little before I primed it.

Boat3-22019.jpg

And now paint . . . turned out a little glossier than I hoped, but I will be putting a camo pattern over top of the brown base color.

Boat3-22021.jpg

Boat3-22022.jpg

I also started painting the inside, but no pics yet. Once the painting is Finally done, I can proceed to the more interesting stuff...

And while I'm posting pictures, here is a drawing I made using a sophisticated drafting program called Microsoft Paint. I thought it might be helpful for other people as an easy reference point . . .

Boat2.jpg

And here is my trailer before . . .

Trailer02.jpg

And after . . .

TrailerAfter1.jpg

Latest posts