Starting a transformation for the first time

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildeman

Reaction score
I know it doesn't look like much but it catches fish! Now all I'm doing is making it more appealing for me to fish all day long. Sorry the pictures are limited the front of the boat is filled with all of my junk from my garage. This winter will not do away, it's making it real tough to really get into the boat. As of now I have the 2 bench seats covered and am trying to figure if I can make a live well in the space that goes from the middle bench to the back one on the right side (if you were looking from front to back) I'll get a pic to help understand me. Theoutside needs some TCL for sure but that will be done after the inside is complete. Any ideas or tips will be helpful!!!

Attachments

• Dec-Jan09 246.JPG
    Dec-Jan09 246.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 1,810
  • Dec-Jan09 247.JPG
    Dec-Jan09 247.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,810
  • Dec-Jan09 248.JPG
    Dec-Jan09 248.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 1,812
:WELCOME:

What type of fishing do you do? Is the livewell for tournament fishing or bait or what?

I am a huge fan of panfishing, crappies, bluegills. But if I run aross a walleye or bass I don't get mad. I was planning on putting the livewell in for fish not bait. I will get some better pictures up on where I'm at so far. The possible live well looks like it will measure something like 34" long x 12" deep and 10-12" wide. I really just want the inside to look and be more functional so I can stay out all day long. (if I could put a sh*#@er in it I would) :lol: kidding has anyone put a livewell in recently? Once the inside is complete I will do the outside and yes it needs it bad. Heck ugly boats catch fish too.....

Check mine out on the livewell. I love crappie fishing, and the way mine is done, I can just drop minnows in one spot for easy access, and still have plenty of livewell left over for the fish. Its very simple, and very cheap. If money is no option, go the fishmate pro way and get one made of aluminum. Money was limited for me, so I did it this way. Also one tip... Do the outside first!

I did mine later, but I realized how much of a pain it would be to flip over (with added weight) and how much easier it is to paint the inside before you put all your stuff in, so I kinda caught mine in the middle, and am glad I got it done.

I did mine later, but I realized how much of a pain it would be to flip over (with added weight) and how much easier it is to paint the inside before you put all your stuff in, so I kinda caught mine in the middle, and am glad I got it done.[/quote]

This is good advice. I didnt follow it and my boat may be too heavy to flip without the whole neighborhood helping.

Okay not too much so far but I have the 2 benches covered and have the metal in place where I will have a compartment or Livewell. My tackle box fits now but I am shooting for a livewell. The white pole holder I haven't screwed in yet but am thinking about installing it about where it's at now in the pics. I plan on creating a compartment in the bow for the battery and maybe life jackets, not sure yet. My camera skills will probably get beeter as time goes by too.

Attachments

• 100_0322.JPG
    100_0322.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 1,802
  • 100_0323.JPG
    100_0323.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 1,801
  • 100_0324.JPG
    100_0324.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 1,801

Latest posts