15' fisher marine (update pics added 3-20-09)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2007NNBS

Reaction score
i bought a 15' fisher marine with trailer...it is completly striped now ready for my deck frames...i got the trailer powdercoated and the guy called today and said since it took so long dont worry about paying him...its been there about 2 weeks so ill pick it up monday...i ordered my 1"x1"x1/8" aluminum angle from work...100' for 45 dollars aint a bad deal so i jumped on it...here are some pics of the boat with more mod picks to come

IMG_2873.jpg

IMG_2874.jpg

IMG_2875.jpg

IMG_2876.jpg

Got the trailer back and it put together and the boat on it!

IMG_2883.jpg

IMG_2887.jpg

IMG_2884.jpg

IMG_2885.jpg

IMG_2886.jpg

Looks awesome! I cant wait to see you start modding it. I like to see how everyone puts thiers together since mine was already decked and carpeted when i bought it.

Good Luck!

Nice! Looks like you have a perfect clean slate to start your build with. Can't wait to see what you do with it. :beer:

well i got my led trailer lights and tires and wheels yesterday so when i get my trailer monday ill get it wired and ready

Here is a autocad drawing of the decks im building...i finished drawing it this morning and it looks good

It is of the aluminum angle layouts and the deck layout

Decks-Model.jpg

That boat has some awesome potential! With the boat being open like that you can do pretty much anything to it. Keep us posted and make sure you post as many pic's as possible.

Great deal on the aluminum. Thought I was going to use it until I priced it. :shock:

here is the LED lights i got for my trailer

IMG_2878.jpg

here are the rims and tires

IMG_2879.jpg

here is the 10-10' sticks of 1"x1"x1/8" aluminum angle

IMG_2880.jpg

got alot of wiring done...putting it in pvc to protect it

IMG_2881.jpg

the wirless remote comtrol trolling motor...it is 12v 47lb thrust

IMG_2882.jpg

those are the same lights I've got... they are BRIGHT!

how exactly does that wireless TM work?? can you still fish and troll at the same time? I guess I'm speaking from a "power fisher" perspective

well i got my seat mount bases in...i bout the base,pole,and seat mount combo for the front and rear deck...$77 off ebay brand new!!!...im using 1/2" plywood for my decks...do you think i need to cut a square 1/2" plywood peice to go between the base and deck for added strengh?

that would be the best bet (to use another piece of ply under neath)... also use the fattest bolts you can, and make sure you go all the way through with about 3/4" of bolt left - that takes a lot of stress off of them. Also use large washers underneath the wood so that you displace even more pressure. Then use lock washers and lock nuts to finish it off... that seat won't budge after you do that

well i got my trailer back and the boat on it...ill post pics this afternoon...ive got all my aluminum angle cut and ready to fab my frame up...what is the best rivets to use and where is the cheapest place yall have bought them?

Cheapest store I have found is Northern tool. They have an off brand, but they seemed equal to my Stanley rivets from Home Depot (which are a little cheaper than the Swingline rivets from Lowes). The Harbor Freight rivets are garbage. I haven't checked online, but Granger and aircraft spruce come to mind.

Hey 2007NNBS nice boat I have a 14 fisher marine just like that I fixed last year. there was a link on tinboats with my pics of my 14 fisher marine but dont know what happened to the pics :? that I build up but here is another link of pics of my boat.

https://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=204348&highlight=

well i got my aluminum angle cut out for the deck frames...i will fab them together tonight and take pics of the progress...it is looking good now...i thought i would never get done...any hints or tricks to fabing my deck frames?

Well the back deck frame is complete. now i just have to get my aluminum cut for the top of my deck. alos got the pinstriping done on the trailer

IMG_2888.jpg

IMG_2889.jpg

IMG_2890.jpg

IMG_2891.jpg

Great rig, awesome that it was such a blank slate to start with. What size motor are you going to mount? I will keep a close eye on this project since your boat is the same size as mine (Lowe Pro-15) and I am also starting to rebuild mine.

Any updates?

Latest posts