My 16' Sea Nymph Rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thank U are for your post, First off. I have found so much useful information on here. I found my boat last spring when i got new boat fever. Went to a local boat yard. Got scared to death by new boat prices, I think the sales man knew it to. He said he had a used boat but not sure if it was what I was lookin for. He showed me a 78 16 ft 54 in wide 20in deep sided semi-V boat for 300 bucks with trailer. I called the wife told her of the find. With a little talkin and me promisin to sell the the 14 footer that I already had I brought this home.
boatpic1.jpg

I started all this on the 12th of March bustin my hump trying to get it ready for spring break comin along nice for the most part. I took the middle seat out to open the up the boat. this steering wheel was in the boat when I bought it. I had taken it out thinkin I would just get a tiller motor. Well it wasn't that easy to find one. But I did find a 1995 25hp Johnson steering one with all controls for 1000 bucks. So the steering wheel went back in
boatpic8.jpg

Paintin it. I'm only paintin the top half right now hoping to be able to get steel flex in a couple of months to do the bottom. She told me I had to wait on it till my part time job picks back up before I could order it :(
boatpic5.jpg
boatpic6.jpg
My oldest boy takin pics of me paintin.
boatpic12.jpg
boatpic9.jpg

Now on to the inside I wanted to use all Aluminum on for the floors and decking. Startin the frame up.
boatpic7.jpg
I'm using 2x4 studs for the 2 center runs. Here I cut off 1in from another 2x4 to use for the floor to sit on.
boatpics04.jpg
in this pic U can see that I have the motor controls now mounted used a piece of 2x4 that I had cut off on of the sticks to get it out away from the side of the boat. The forth rail gonin down agin this one had 1 inch cut off of it
boatpics02.jpg

I'm pretty sure(didn't do search)I've seen that console(which looks cool IMO)on acouple boats mods here.I think one guy was from Texas and he wasn't sure if he liked the console,redid his whole boat.
Looks like your doing a great job on yours(2X4 alum.),hope you have alot of quality time on the water with your family.

Had a good day workin on the boat. My Dad came up to help me today. Wouldn't haven been able to do this all with out him. Can't wait to get him out in it.
boatpics08.jpg
all railin in with 2 in foam in place. never got a shot of the floor goin inbut here it is primer up.
boatpics05.jpg
boatpics07.jpg
boatpics09.jpg

Latest posts