12' Alumacraft V hull hAVING TROUBLE!!! rivets wont!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kemical

Reaction score
ok finally got motivated enough to start working on the boat after seeing Hanr3 modification, it was time,, im not going fishing till 4/20 so i figure i can start working on the boat ..

ok heres my prob,, im having trouble taking off the rivets off the bench seats,, please any suggestions,, i already went thru 2 flat head screwdrivers the tips broke off,, im trying to bang the crap out of the area around the rivet that is on top of the bench not off the boat,, and i cant even do any damage,, (yes im using a hammer and screwdrivers, for all the smart asses!! ,,lol)

is there a easier way to take off the bench seats off,,??

thanks guys!!!

Attachments

• 04-12-09_0906.jpg
    04-12-09_0906.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 2,139
  • 04-12-09_0908.jpg
    04-12-09_0908.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 2,140
  • 04-12-09_0909.jpg
    04-12-09_0909.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 2,140
The way i see it you can do two things. One is drilling through those suckers using the same size bit as the diameter of the rivet, or two cutting them out. not sure what you are trying to do or how much damage to the benches can be allowed but those are your options.

Let us know how it goes.

great idea,, thanks guys,,, im gonna try to drill it out,, hopefully my cordless drill can do the job (only thing i have to use for a drill)..

Cordless will do it. Take a center punch and a hammer and hammer on the center once to make a guide for the bit. Otherwise it is fun trying to keep the bit from traveling.