modified boat value

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzly

Reaction score
ok, i'm not ready to get rid of my boat yet, but plan on getting a 16footer in a year or two. more room would be nice, but that's probably the case no matter how big a boat one has. my question is what kind of money can someone get for a boat that has been fixed up. i know it depends on where and when, but just looking for anyone's opinion or experience. i don't know if a person would be better off selling it complete, or stripping it down for parts and reusing them on the new boat. seems to me it would be hard to get your money back on what you put into it, so reusing would be the way to go. just wondering what other people have done, so let me know.

In my area ,depending on the time of year,any where from $1400 to $1600.Possibly $1800 if you can get someone to really fall in love with it.

****, 1800 would build a nice 16footer. i'm gonna try to find stuff when i can for the next year or so, find the deals. thanks for your opinion, and i'll wait for your check in the mail, oh yeah delivery is extra!

I've wondered the same thing as you. I saved all my receipts on my boat, and I spend something like $660! ( I think it will be lower once I return everything that I didn't need) when you add that to the $250 I paid for my boat and trailer, I'd need to be selling mine for at least $1300 when I add the stuff I already had (seats, battery, trolling motor). I'm sure I'll be able to do my next one for a little cheaper (and without so many trips to the hardware store!), but I'm talking about with no outboard either, or the countless hours I spent!

What did you spend on yours?? You did a great job.

Welll i recently sold my old 17ft lowe that i modified with front and rear deck trolling motor fish finder and a mecury 110(9.9) and i got 1800 dollars for it and the hull itself was not in that great of shape. I took money and ran. Than purchased my 86 16ft lowe modv with a 50hp mariner for 500 but had to drive 300 mile round trip to get it. O and original cost on the old boat was 50 bucks for boat and had about 4 or 5 hundred in it.

boat-free when grandfather died
trailer-100
evinrude 7.5-125 plus 10 dollar part
modifications-about 500, thanks to walmart clearance items
trolling motor-50
battery-70
so about 900 bucks, no more than a grand.
thanks for the compliments, i like all the mods and haven't wished i'd done anything different, but when the whole family is out, 3 and a dog, an extra 4 feet would be nice. i think i'll just start buying pieces when i can, and then sell this one complete. i think that will be the best way to get my moneys worth.

Latest posts