Starting my 1432 Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mmimsjr

Reaction score
I am going to start the mod on my 1432 hopefully this weekend. Summer is a busy time of year for me and more so this year but I am determined to get it done. I want to just deck the floor about 4 to 6 inches above the bottom. Also I was wondering if it is ok for me to remove the center seat since there are 3 benches in this one. I am going to add some pedestal seats hopefully the hi low kind so I can just have multiple bases and move my seating around the boat. I am looking for a new motor but have a 5hp that runs good it is just really old built in 66 or 67. Also I am going to deck the back bench up high for storage. Here are some pics of the boat let me know what you think.

Attachments

• HPIM1584.JPG
    HPIM1584.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 2,705
  • HPIM1587.JPG
    HPIM1587.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 2,706
  • HPIM1588.JPG
    HPIM1588.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 2,706
I don't know about removing the center bench because you don't have any side ribs running up the side.. If you do take it out, you will want to put braces in place from where the top of the bench is, out to about 8" on the floor... I think that is a lightweight boat and believe me, you'll need all the stability you can get.

So starting on the boat is on hold for a little bit. My little 6 month old daughter is in the hospital for a few days. Just really sick and will hopefully be better soon. Good thing the hospital has free internet while we are here.

So if I were to just cut the seat down and left 3in or so attached to the boat and reinforced this would that be enough to keep the hull strong? I would like to have a long flat even floor cause I will use this for duck hunting also and would use it kind of like a layout blind being able to lay on the floor.

Mmimsjr said:
So starting on the boat is on hold for a little bit. My little 6 month old daughter is in the hospital for a few days. Just really sick and will hopefully be better soon. Good thing the hospital has free internet while we are here.

So if I were to just cut the seat down and left 3in or so attached to the boat and reinforced this would that be enough to keep the hull strong? I would like to have a long flat even floor cause I will use this for duck hunting also and would use it kind of like a layout blind being able to lay on the floor.

Really sorry to hear that, I hope she gets better soon!

I think if you just take out the seat and don't replace with anything, you're likely looking at taco city. If you take it out and then replace with some decking or some sort or support, you should be fine. Just have to make sure that you're stable enough, because the pressure of the water can be immense.

My daughter should be out of the hospital tomorrow, she is doing much better.

I think that I am going to cut the seat down to leave about 3in of the seat left attached to the boat then reiforce with plywood bolted to the left over seat on each side to reinforce it. I also wanted to do this so I have a rod locker on one side and more storage in the floor of the boat. The plan I have will look really cool I will get pics up once I get the time to even start on it.

The motor I have now is only going to be used until I can get a bigger one. I am looking for a 10 horse right now. I am not to worried about it if it will push the boat it is fine. I am hoping that I will be able to do a little work on the boat this weekend. I am slamed with work I started my own business and work full time for another company so all of my time right now seems to be for work and not for play.

I finaly got to take the boat out this weekend. We did a lot of fishing. My wifes great uncle came over from the coast and the whole family went fishing we had 5 boats out there. I was very happy about how well the boat did. there is a small leak but I was able to locate it and will fix it this week. The mods have changed since I have taken it out. I am only going to make the center bench a little bigger so it will hold 2 batteries. I don't think that I am even going to use my 5 hp motor. This thing is so light and has so little drag I move really well with a 34lb thrust trolling motor. was acctually amazed at this.
Fishing sucked tho we went to a total of 5 lakes and I only caught one fish and it wasn't a keeper. My wife caught 2 and she was only out for half a day both were nice trout.

Mmimsjr said:
I finaly got to take the boat out this weekend. We did a lot of fishing. My wifes great uncle came over from the coast and the whole family went fishing we had 5 boats out there. I was very happy about how well the boat did. there is a small leak but I was able to locate it and will fix it this week. The mods have changed since I have taken it out. I am only going to make the center bench a little bigger so it will hold 2 batteries. I don't think that I am even going to use my 5 hp motor. This thing is so light and has so little drag I move really well with a 34lb thrust trolling motor. was acctually amazed at this.
Fishing sucked tho we went to a total of 5 lakes and I only caught one fish and it wasn't a keeper. My wife caught 2 and she was only out for half a day both were nice trout.

nope. fishing never sucks. but sometimes the catching does!