My jonboat Restoration

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s_self

Reaction score
I wish I had more pictures of the boat, but I haven't taken any. I took this picture when we were catfishing out of it once, although its primarily a bass boat. We got the boat for $250 dollars, which was a good deal, because it had the 9.9 Johnson that ran perfect.
It was a bare boat when we got it, the basic, three wooden bench seats. We built a casting deck out of marine grade plywood, covered it in marine carpet, and put in the two pedestal seats. You can also see the recessed trolling motor pedal. That was just a homemade pan made of sheetmetal. The trolling motor was a burnt up one, that my dad rewired.
I don't have any pictures of the front panel, but it looks pretty good. Our switches and receptacles are in a sheet of diamond plating. We have lights, a bilge pump, and that cooler you can see is a livewell, with a pump, and drain. We also have a battery charger, so we can just plug it in, instead of carrying the battery out of the boat to charge it every time. This is a great boat for the ammount of money we have in it. Including the price of the boat, we have about $500-600 invested. It gets a lot of use. I'll try to take pictures some other time.

boat.jpg

Jim said:
Very nice man! And from what we have seen on the videos....you don't need anything else! :wink:

Thanks.
Its probably the best investment we've ever made. It's pretty good when you can get a boat with an outboard, trolling motor, casting deck, and electrical system for about the same price as those rod holders + rod & reel combos that you see in the picture.

Latest posts