Test Post My 14-48 Sea King V bottom, fix up.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flintcreek

Reaction score
Bought this Sea King a few weeks ago with the intention of mounting my 18 hp Johnson on it and selling it to generate a little money to fix up my 14-48 flat bottom "Starcraft". My 16 year old was needing a little date money a few weeks ago so he got the trailer ready to paint and tore all of the old rotten wood out of the boat. The wood was so rotten it pretty much fell out, he just had to take out the nuts and bolts. I stripped a little paint last Sat. and pressure washed so this is where we start.
The original seat supports had long been gone and someone had rigged up some galvanized brackets screwed and bolted in, sitting on some long regular rivets sticking in from the outside of the boat. Last night I cut out some 10.75" pieces of aluminum out of some old sliding glass door I had salvaged for a straight edge, here are some pictures of the install of the seats and transom that I worked on last night and today.PICT0281.JPGPICT0277.JPGPICT0290.JPGPICT0294.JPGPICT0295.JPGPICT0261.JPGPICT0262.JPGPICT0296.JPGPICT0300.JPGPICT0297.JPGPICT0299.JPGView attachment 1PICT0265.JPG