New Trail/Game Camera Advice

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panFried

Reaction score
Ok I tried my hand at getting advice from the camera forum with no luck. So I figure I should have started here first :)

I'm looking for a new trail camera that's IR, at least 5mp and a fast trigger speed without breaking the bank. See previous post here:

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29014

You def get what you pay for on cameras. Every now and then you'll luck up with a cheap one.

I just bought the Primos Truth Cam Supercharged Blackout.

Had it out for 6 days, took 265 pictures, and only a few of them were blurry.

I picked this one out because it has a <1 sec trigger speed, 8mp cam, IR, and it's a blackout so no flash or lights to spoon the deer. An added bonus is the battery pack that connects to it. It hold an extra 16AA batteries so the battery life is awesome!

It was $199.

I tried to post a picture from my phone but the image was too large.

Our computed crapped out so if I can figure out how to resize it on my phone I'll post a picture.

RiverBottomOutdoors said:
I only use the cheap cameras. I don't need pics for National Geographic. Only need a good idea of what's going on and when. I run about 6 or 7 cameras.
Now you are speaking my language! I used 4mb Wild Game cams, sometimes they had 2 in a package deals. Alone they use to be less than 80 bucks a piece. Any sugestions?

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=321554#p321554 said:
panFried » 35 minutes ago[/url]"]
RiverBottomOutdoors said:
I only use the cheap cameras. I don't need pics for National Geographic. Only need a good idea of what's going on and when. I run about 6 or 7 cameras.
Now you are speaking my language! I used 4mb Wild Game cams, sometimes they had 2 in a package deals. Alone they use to be less than 80 bucks a piece. Any sugestions?

I've got 4 of the WildView cameras. I think they were around $50-60 a piece. And a few of the Moultrie Camera's...about the same price. No blacklights or fancy bells and whistles...but like I said...I'm not sending pics to National Geographic.

I'm a big fan of DLC Covert cameras. I've got two new MP6's sitting here on my desk that I need to hang this week.

Wing Supply has some of the best prices that you'll find on scouting cameras regardless of what brand/model you decide to go with.

Quackrstackr said:
I'm a big fan of DLC Covert cameras. I've got two new MP6's sitting here on my desk that I need to hang this week.

Wing Supply has some of the best prices that you'll find on scouting cameras regardless of what brand/model you decide to go with.
Thanks quackrstackr, ill check them out. Off topic, if you need deals on duck supplies, check-out Rogers Sporting Goods in Liberty MO. They always have deals.

Ok so I just found an ad for Wildgame Axe 4MP cams for 69 a piece and Wildgame Micro Red 8MP for 99. I need 2 so I'm thinking either 2 Axe 4s or 1 of each. I really like the video mode, but the Axe only takes pics.

Here are 2 pictures from the Primos cam and 2 pictures from the Wildgame Innovations can.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 2,049
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 2,049
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 2,049
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 2,049
Got some nice 3 yr olds coming in! They'll probably come in as 8's, heck youll probably get 10 on the first pic by the time the G2s come in. What do you think?

Well from all the pictures that I have, there are 3 different bucks.

I figured 1 would be a 6pt and the other 2 would be 8s.

We don't hunt this property much (It's a 40ac patch of woods behind my in-laws, but the neighbors shoot anything that walks by). So hopefully they can make it another year or 2.

And these guys showed up on the cam a couple of weeks ago :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 1,161
Nice! Yeah if you property is pressured like mine year after year those deer should go nocturnal by October.

Covert MP6

Attachments

• IMAG0022.JPG
    IMAG0022.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,152
  • IMAG0030.JPG
    IMAG0030.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,152
  • IMAG0136copy.jpg
    IMAG0136copy.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,152
Checked the cameras yesterday and this guy showed up :D Don't mind the date, when I changed the batteries I forgot to set the date and time (I was in a time crunch by the wife haha).
SUNP0042 (3).JPG

Here is another photo from the new camera...Notice the distorted pixels on the middle right of the picture? The camera is going back today. I already replaced the camera once. Still had those distorted pixels, so I changed the SD card. Still there! So its going back today and I'm going to try out the new Cabelas camera that they just came out with.
08080066.JPG

Also another reason it is going back...the cheap wildview snaps about 2.5 times as many pictures that the new one does.

Latest posts