High Standard 22LR pistol cost in 1933

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Going through my late Father’s items (as my Mom has just passed away before Xmas) I found this receipt from his Father and thought you might enjoy it. $13 in 1933 ... go figure!

Attachments

• D64DDD36-8E6A-448D-9DFC-27EDA201743A.jpeg
    D64DDD36-8E6A-448D-9DFC-27EDA201743A.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 2,526
That is a very cool piece of memorabilia. Of course everything is relative and a house probably went for $4,000 back in 1933. Still, it is hard to wrap my mind around those price tags.

I was about 12 when my brother and I partnered up so we would have enough cash to buy our first 22. We paid $18 for a used Savage pump with an octagon barrel. Bought it from a guy running a turkey ranch. I still have it.

They are/were still in business, but no longer sell guns. In the late 80s the owner figured out that they could keep the same talented engineering/machinst work force and industrial site full of machine tools, but to make and sell parts to the aircraft engine industry ... at 2-3X the profit of selling firearms.

DaleH said:
They are/were still in business, but no longer sell guns. In the late 80s the owner figured out that they could keep the same talented engineering/machinst work force and industrial site full of machine tools, but to make and sell parts to the aircraft engine industry ... at 2-3X the profit of selling firearms.
They have been sold several times over the years but last I knew they were based in Texas. That was in the '90s and were selling some firearms. I was a FFL for 28 years and remember seeing derringers with their name on them in the 90s for sure in several of my wholesale catalogs.

Latest posts