Shine on Me

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigwave

Reaction score
Anyone have a good moonshine recipe, or brandy. I see a bunch of stuff on the net, but it is in a quantity for huge stills. I am toying around with a mini still with my brother in law.....we are doing the beer first then some shine.

I am not planning on doing anything illegal. We were toying around with the idea of homebrew. I have seen how some of my relatives make it using big stills. I dont want any part of that.......we just might make a small batch of brandy for the holiday's.....with some goofy family pics for labels. Mostly for gag gifts. Thank you for the links.

bigwave said:
I am not planning on doing anything illegal. .....we just might make a small batch of brandy for the holiday's.....with some goofy family pics for labels. Mostly for gag gifts. Thank you for the links.
I could use a laugh if you cook some up. :LOL2:

Trust me, I was not making any judgement (people who live in glass houses... etc.), just pointing out that any amount is illegal. But don't let a little technicality slow you up :wink: 8)

Here's a couple sites I came across that might interest/help you.

https://homedistiller.org/intro

https://www.ehow.com/how_2091260_make-home-made-brandy.html

It's illegal to make it w/o the proper licenses, and the government wants the taxes as well. Liquor stores here in TN sell "Popcorn's" brand, there is even a moonshiners museum (smokey mountain) and a distillery in gatlinburg, TN. Wife was there this past wednesday. :oops:

Bugpac said:
They have a fully functioning still in Dawsonville Ga city hall.
Of course they do.... it's Georgia !!! :LOL2: (No offense meant, I went to Oglethorpe and love the state)

Bet they have their permit. :wink: But, probably tax exempt as a government still. :roll:

I just make ales and wines but would love to learn more. ET

IMG_2631z.jpg

TNtroller said:
It's illegal to make it w/o the proper licenses, and the government wants the taxes as well. Liquor stores here in TN sell "Popcorn's" brand, there is even a moonshiners museum (smokey mountain) and a distillery in gatlinburg, TN. Wife was there this past wednesday. :oops:

I forgot about that place, When I lived in Knoxville I went there once......If I remember right from history, George Washington made the best whiskey for years when this country was formed.......I am tired of giving my money to the government...there is no way I am going to pay to make it....... [-X .

wilded said:
I just make ales and wines but would love to learn more. ET

IMG_2631z.jpg

I know there is another thread on home brew, but how hard is it to make that beer in the quantity you showed. and how much does it cost to set it up?

Latest posts