Fried chicken addict here...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkerdog

Reaction score
I'm in pursuit of the ultimate homemade fried chicken and I'm getting closer by trial and error.

I've combined a few different ideas and recipes and have come up with this.

I take a measuring cup and put a tablespoon or so of vinegar ( I use organic but I don't know if that matters, just what I had) and fill the rest up with milk. Let it set for 5 minutes. It turns to the consistency of runny yogurt.

I soak my chicken in this for 20 minutes or so then toss in a bag with flour, lawrys seasoning salt, garlic powder, Spanish paprika, cayenne pepper and black pepper.

Remove from bag place on a plate and let sit till the flour coating looks moist.

Brown on both sides in hot oil then turn down heat, cover and cook for 20-30 minutes. It should be pretty well done by then. Uncover flip it over and raise the temp up to fry till the crispiness you like.

First time I made this combination was a few days ago and I think it's my personal best so far. Trying again tonight just to see if I can repeat it. (fingers crossed)

Does anyone else have a special fried chicken recipe I can try? Lots of people down south. I'm still looking for that perfect southern fried chicken.

I do one similar to yours but I also add granulated garlic and granulated onion,and I fry in shortening.i like mine a little spicy so lots of cayenne and black pepper.

Jim said:
Pictures next time! :D

Am I detecting another fried chicken aficionado? I learned last night that it was repeatable. Now to work on tweaking this combo. There is always something to try. Maybe soaking longer in the milk/vinegar.
Or some butter flavored Crisco. Surely they will have better heart bypasses in a few years!

Latest posts