Brisket and beef ribs

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Low and slow overnight cook. Brisket goes on tonight at 10pm, beef ribs tomorrow at 10am. Simple salt, pepper, & granulated garlic over a thin coating of EVOO. Wish me luck!
0ab212bceae28a09954a602790175aae.jpg

8919a8734ac371a8f1065cba2f418321.jpg

6a896fc9d6f32372dcf9851c1747c356.jpg

7da926629a3ef75cec1f8a3e40cb62f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nice.i have a giant brisket and a porkbutt waiting for the next family bbq.i do the meat and all the kids bring the sides(except for the barbecued baked beans,that's all me).it's epic gluttony at it's finest.now if i could only get them to stop drinking all my booze and bring their own...

I’m convinced you can’t get a nice smoke ring with a propane smoker. Came out nice and juicy though after almost 18 hours.

84877c2e6bfcb140ea443b49de3bc0c3.jpg

dc4885a1faa13605df23901c1abce9ff.jpg

Ah who cares about the ring. Good flavor and tender is all that matters.

Also take note in your pic that the top of the brisket the grain is going the long way. You can separate the flat and the point sections and slice it across the grain and will ensure the most tender bites (not judging anyone off a few pics though - just a tip)

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

next time you smoke a pork butt,rest it inside a paper grocery bag.a buddy showed me that and i was sceptical at first,but **** it made a difference,now i do it with my ribs as well.

I wrapped it in peach paper when it hit 165. I then pulled it off the smoker at 203 and let it rest in the peach paper covered with 3 hand towels and an oven glove for 1 hour.

NICE JOB! the smoke ring is more of a show thing. i never understood it. i dont are if i get one or not when i smoke. i just started doing the wrapping thing too. works pretty well.

Great looking food! I'm reading all of these cooking tips too.
What difference does resting it in a paper bag do?

We have a gas Weber that I purchased 14 years ago when I bought my house. About 5 years ago my wife got me a Weber kettle. I haven’t touched the gasser in I can’t tell you how long as my wife like to grill now over coals.

And she cooks awesome!

my gas grill converts to charcoal with a cast iron tray that sits over the burners.makes it easy to light,just turn on the grill till they start to get going then kill the gas.my smoker i made at work from some "leftover" material.

Best part of electic smokers is my wife can use it herself. Coming home from work to a smoked brisket is heaven!

Check out Smokin It smokers. They start in a very compact size. Free shipping and extremely well made. https://www.smokin-it.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=smkmdl1-GEN3&Click=21163&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=shoppingengine&gclid=CjwKCAjwkcblBRB_EiwAFmfyy-31YTmKPs44w004W4T5qQeN18ZFTImYW919C7Ujr9X6dvc2tvXnLxoCC2AQAvD_BwE

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Latest posts