What am I ?? do you know ???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah.. thanks guys !! I think something strange was going on with that trailer :? :?: …. I had backed out of the deal after the guy would only drop $200 dollars off his asking price and told me you can get a trailer anywhere for $200, I see them all over the place !! I told him.. I'm not seeing any trailers for a 18ft. boat for $200... what I'm seeing is in the range of $500 & up … and that's where our conversion ended.. then.. I no longer hung up the phone and looked on this auction site and low and behold !! there this trailer was !! on this weeks auction !! And.. to end at $236.00 !! :shock: the more I looked at trailers the more confused I became at just what would work for this boat.. does anyone see any problems with this boat trailer combo ?? why it wouldn't work ?? thanks

Trailer is probably overkill for that boat. I don’t see any issues except for adjustments to fit the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were you not on the fence from the start?? Let him sit on it.. Its heart breaking to try and deal with someone that just doesn't want to deal.. They feel that they are sitting on a gold mine and nothing will change their mind.. That boat down here would probably not get much over scrap price.. Personally, I would have a figure in mind and say," hey buddy, I would love to have that boat, but my love is only worth $_____" <~~(insert figure here),.. If it goes elsewhere, then it was meant to be.. But that's just me..

Stan

Thanks Welderthemagnificent ! yes I figured this trailer was more then needed after looking at other ones on trailers.. but there were so many different trailers under them and some seemed to small to me.. when this one popped up already set for this length. and with the price.. I figured it had to be a no brainer.. I was just wondering if I made the right choice as to it fitting correctly ..

Stan The Man... I know what you are saying.. originally I was ready to buy it.. but once I actually looked at it and figured the trailer was farther gone then I thought.. and the window issues.. I was on the fence then. I thought I was getting a trailer that would work but in need of some work.. I now believe its better to just replace it.. the guy is 70 years old and its his wife's deceased brothers things they are disposing of.. when I first called on it he said it was already pretty much spoken for.. A guy from Florida was intent on having it and was trying to pay him and have it picked up and shipped down there.. he was leery about this guy and had a bad feeling about him.. even though the guy wanted to pay him through PayPal... he seems to be fairly well to do and is a hard a-- its his way or go the H--- away ! he jumps to conclusions in a second !! he's actually a bit hard to talk too … I'm willing to pay his price and pry this from his finger tips and be happy to never see the man again !! this seldom seen boat and its high quality manufacturer along with its "cool " factor... I believe most anyone would pay way over scrap prices for one !! although if you could find someone willing to sell theirs for scrap prices I think it would be gone in minuets !! lol :wink: .. that is of coarse if it didn't look like this !! :lol: but then again someone may just jump at that chance !! :shock:

Attachments

• aerocraft2[1].jpg
    aerocraft2[1].jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,602
  • aerocraft[1].jpg
    aerocraft[1].jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 1,602
" . . . does anyone see any problems with this boat trailer combo ??"

I would probably replace the rollers with bunks. If the trailer can't be the right size I would rather tinker with one that is too big than one that is too small. I suppose you might want to compare the boat weight to the trailer's spec's. If the boat is too light then the suspension won't really be doing its job. Another reason maybe to use bunks instead of rollers.

Man-oh-man I hated seeing that boat in the scrap pile.

I agree on the bunks. Especially if you can weld. Harbor freight and YouTube !
77e3167e301318cbc0064700dc6ac487.jpg

Test fitting my 16’ Naden on some new bunks, tilt trailer.

Thanks guys, yes I can weld... and also I had thought about the weight issue with the springs.. this boat specs say it weighs 700-770 lbs. which is light I'm sure for that trailer... I've read that the rollers can be changed to bunks on these trailers.. and yes what a sad sight to see that boat on top of the scrap heap !! :( probably got dented up by the piece of equipment that dropped it there !! :cry:

Those kinds of folks always have a story.. Some guy has offered them twice the asking price to hold it until,.. bla bla bla.. And there it still sits.. They think just because the item is no longer produced, its worth a mint.. Or someone told them it was some RARE something and they desperately cling to what they've been "told".. Trust me, I have dealt with more than a few.. I won't waste my time with someone I know I can't deal with.. And I will NOT be talked down to.. I can BS with the best, but I have my limit,.. Then I walk.. The best way to handle the situation(IMHO), is to politely haggle a justifiable price for yourself, and get out.. Or just walk away.. Don't let it make you crazy..
As for the trailer,.. I'd rather have more trailer than boat, as opposed to the other way round.. :D I hope you do well, and end up with that boat..

Sorry for the rant.. Stan

Hi Stan, no problem !! I know these type people only to well too.. lol I'm ok with the price and we are going to pick it up Saturday morning.. we are just going to be professional about the whole thing.. just wheel in, set everything up and winch the boat and trailer on a car hauler and be gone !! and hope to never see the guy again.. !! [-o<

Thank You ! I'll get as many pics as I can Saturday.. I don't know how much time I will be able to invest in it yet this year I start working a lot of overtime starting in October and through the end of the year.. but at least its mine now and isn't going anywhere.. :wink: it will just be patently awaiting some resurrection this spring !! \:D/ I'll be checking into bunks also Thank you for your thoughts about all this !!

Thanks Billinthedesert and everyone else that's been commenting !! I'm hoping its going to be fun !! I'm pretty excited to get it out of where its at.. and give it some attention that its been missing … probably be mostly just getting it off the old trailer and onto the other trailer, clean it out some... give it a good look over to see better what is needed and ideas of what to do to it and store it for the winter.. I'll get as many photos as I can of the move and transfer, and more photos of the boat inside and out to post …

here are a few photos of the pick up.. I couldn't swap trailers yet.. I think the new trailer needs to be changed to bunks like you guys suggested.. the bottom of the hull is very heavy duty made with I think I counted 4 heavy runners spaced out across the bottom that stick down about a inch or so.. and the rollers might not fit well with them.. so I think bunks are the answer.. and better support .. I couldn't get as many photos as I wanted to but here are a few.. I couldn't get inside yet to look it over better.. it had probably 80 to 100 gallons of water inside the boat :roll: once we raised the bow it all came to the stern and between the drain plug and a 5 gallon bucket we got it out.. so... it must not leak !!lol :wink: I have it stored at a marina that's close to where the boat came from and about a 45 minuets from where I live.. I have the doors and windows opened a jar to let air circulate and help dry everything out and the bow elevated high to let any remaining water drain... I'll go back next week and inspect the interior and clean out all the junk.. and then be able to get more photos.. we stopped at a gas station / party store and were swarmed by the other customers all going gaga over it :shock: they asked to crawl all over it and wanted to know everything about it that I could tell them .. how I found it? where I found it ? if I would sell it?.. if I would trade it? ..what are you going to do with it ? how much did I pay for it ? then told me I stole it at that price :lol: WOW ! :shock: all that and I hadn't owned it 20 minutes yet and it was the first stop since we dragged it out of a two mile long, two lane track out of the woods !! 8) well first step was acquiring it .. now comes the real work !! :wink:

Attachments

• IMG_0623.JPG
    IMG_0623.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,557
  • IMG_0622.JPG
    IMG_0622.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,557
  • IMG_0621.JPG
    IMG_0621.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,557
  • IMG_0620.JPG
    IMG_0620.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,557
here are a couple ads I found for this boat..

Attachments

• page6[1].jpg
    page6[1].jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,555
  • page5[1].jpg
    page5[1].jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,555
Pretty light boat considering the size and top. A 35 or light 40 might be good on this boat.

yeah, that is what I was thinking.. the ad says a 50hp will make it move !!

Latest posts