Another "Identify this Boat" Post

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvdiag

Reaction score
Just joined but a long time reader. Recently completed an upgrade of a Crestliner Sportsman 16. I originally wanted to get a Scott Canoe - Freighter, but they are hard to find and pricey. The Crestliner presented itself and it has turned into a nice boat after all is said and done. Although the Sportsman 16 is a good hull, I find it too wide for early season river fishing. The mods on a boat are fun to do and I would like to try another.

When I was searching around a few years ago, I found a tin boat that really caught my attention - See attached. The combination of sharp entry, narrow beam, half spray rail, and the notched bow cap certainly define this craft, but I haven't been able to find anything out about it. Could be the hull shape was taken from an old wooden/lapstrake boat of the 40's-early 60's, given the straight sides. This pic was saved from a Goog search awhile back and a current image search didn't yield any info. I searched "identify + boat" on this site and went all the way back to 2011 to see if anything presented, but no luck.

Anyone have an idea on the maker at least, if not the model? I'm thinking it is either an old model (pre-1970s), or it is a more contemporary custom design from a non-production builder.

Thank you.

Latest posts