1973 6 hp johnson

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alumacraft

Reaction score
I have a 1973 6 hp johnson and a 12ft alumacraft, my question is, is there a 3 blade prop that will fit it? I have a 2 blade prop on it now and was looking to see if I can get any more power out of it. Yes I know it is only a 6 hp and it doesn't do 80 mph.

any other mods that I can do to get a little more power out of it?

also looking at getting a lowe 1236 jon boat. whats a average used price for one. (I want a newer used one) they retail for 799.00 and some spots online at 699.00?

theres not alot you can do thats worth the expense. fins help and a 3 blade will. i found a 3 blade for my 75 6 horse just dont remember where or how much but they are out there

prices on used boats can vary quite a bit based on the area your in and condition of the boat and they will go higher this time of year than they would in November.
I can give you one example, I know of.
My son bought in April, a used 14X36 L Lowe that's in nearly new condition on a nice trailer(also nearly new condition) with a 7.5 Sears Ted Williams motor(1965) that runs perfectly for $750.
That's Central Iowa prices.
Your best bet is to start looking around and see what they are going for in your area.

search google. i know i found 3blade props when looking for parts for my 3hp. i cant recall what sight they were on, maybe iboats.com ? shouldnt have to much trouble finding one

Latest posts