short shaft mounting bracket for a 20" transom?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarshGrass

Reaction score
do they make some sort of mounting bracket that will allow me to run a small 4hp Mercury SS on my Lowe 1648 w/ a 20" Transom? I have the 4hp on now as a back up for my 25 hp Long shaft johnson, but i can only gt up to about 1/4 power with the short shaft so close to the top of the water.......or do they make a motor shaft extension? It's a 96 Mercury 2 stroke.....thanks guys!

free jonboat said:
maybe something like this?

https://www.boatbandit.com/outboard-motor-bracket-aluminum-5427.aspx

You don't want something like that. I actually made the mistake of buying one of those for the same purpose after someone recommended it to me. Those brackets are made for kicker motors and although the description didn't say any of this when I got it it said to be used at low or idle speeds only, also said do not trailer with motor on bracket, and also said you need to get a not included safety chain. I have since seen some brackets that bolt to your transom. These type don't move they are solid brackets that mount on to your transom that you clamp your motor on to. you should be able to find them with a little searching.

sturdi87 said:
free jonboat said:
maybe something like this?

https://www.boatbandit.com/outboard-motor-bracket-aluminum-5427.aspx

You don't want something like that. I actually made the mistake of buying one of those for the same purpose after someone recommended it to me. Those brackets are made for kicker motors and although the description didn't say any of this when I got it it said to be used at low or idle speeds only, also said do not trailer with motor on bracket, and also said you need to get a not included safety chain. I have since seen some brackets that bolt to your transom. These type don't move they are solid brackets that mount on to your transom that you clamp your motor on to. you should be able to find them with a little searching.

this kind does move. it says in the description "Transom mount locks and holds motor up or swinds down for propulsion"

I've been looking for some sort of clamp on bracket but can't find one. I want to keep from drilling holes in my transom if i can. Could I trailor the motor on a bolt on bracket? Can to provide a link to something?

thanks for all the help! is it cheaper to go the braqcket route or look into a ss to ls conversion for my 1996 mercury 2 stroke 4hp?

MarshGrass said:
I've been looking for some sort of clamp on bracket but can't find one. I want to keep from drilling holes in my transom if i can. Could I trailor the motor on a bolt on bracket? Can to provide a link to something?

thanks for all the help! is it cheaper to go the braqcket route or look into a ss to ls conversion for my 1996 mercury 2 stroke 4hp?
i guess you could trailer it with the motor on the bracket but i wouldnt UNLESS you have some sort of transom saver. and for the ss to ls conversion, it would definately be cheaper to find some sort of bracket. here is a link

https://www.boatbandit.com/outboard-moto ... -5427.aspx

MarshGrass said:
Is it possible to make my own bracket...anyone do this>?

Yup. Click the link to the Yazoo 1542 in my sig, and scroll down to near the bottom. I made one to hold an '88 Evinrude 4 deluxe.

Latest posts