Carpet or Vinyl, or something else?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmatthews_jm

Reaction score
So in considering flooring options for a boat that I'm probably gonna put plywood floors into, what do you guys think will be the best options, purchasing places, or materials? I guess my basic question is would you prefer carpet, vinyl, or something else? and why would be nice :p

It's still a long, long ways down the road for my build, but when I finally get there, I plan to go with HydroTurf mats from the manufacturer. Here's why:

https://www.gatortraxboats.com/Hydroturf.htm

It's a little pricey, but by the time I get to that point, I'll be ready to celebrate with a little extravagance.

Has anyone used the rubberized paint for casting decks? I am going to be recovering mine soon and it sounds like a good idea.

dreadinger said:
Has anyone used the rubberized paint for casting decks? I am going to be recovering mine soon and it sounds like a good idea.

I have considered it myself, but I'm afraid it will get really hot under your feet in the sun. Especially if it's a dark color. Carpet doesn't hold the heat nearly as bad.

CARPET!!! Feels good on the feet on a hot day fishing:

2011-03-20170014-1.jpg

Vinyl.. I've carpeted a few boats and I've always wished I would have put in vinyl. Its tough, and can be powerwashed. I hate carpeting a boat, and having a heart attack everytime a fish craps on the carpet, or a fishing buddy hops in with a bunch of sand on their shoes.

It's a little more money, but I think its well worth it.

I put down Tuff Coat a couple weeks ago. I'm pleased thus far. I'll have pics up as soon as I'm done painting the outside.

I ordered aluminum deck boards today for my pon-tin build. Very lightweight and it will last forever. Easy wash down, Larger spans for supports, A little pricey but i think worth it.... www.lastdeck.com.

Latest posts