Can anybody see these pictures? What is this boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brokevet

Reaction score
https://picasaweb.google.com/cwardtw/MyAluminumBoat?authkey=Gv1sRgCMv_8u_Z5sCfgAE

I uploaded a dozen pictures of my boat real quick. She is at church. I am not allowed to mess with the boat until school starts back up. It was a friend's boat. In 2004 we had 3 hurricanes that sent her rolling and tumbling. Retrieved each time. The last time it was placed hull up and covered with dirt gravel and a wheelbarrow so It wouldn't blow away again. Last month I dug her out and brought her home. I am dying to go out and see if I can bend her back into shape. But I have a Honey Do list as long as my arm...

Look at the pictures and help me figure out about how old it is... And who made it.
Thanks

https://picasaweb.google.com/cwardtw/MyAluminumBoat?authkey=Gv1sRgCMv_8u_Z5sCfgAE

Not sure what kind it is. I assume the boat hasn't been registered? Did you find any hull ID on it?

It does have old registration numbers on the side(hard to read). that might help you find out make/model and help with getting it registered in FL. Looking at the pic from bow to stern the boat looks "twisted"?

Back on the rotten wood there was an aluminum plate.
I took it in the house to clean it.
I can read nothing. just a plain piece of aluminum with 001195 stamped in it.

Yes, boat is twisted. It blew away and sailed through the air in three hurricanes.
They are not made to do that.

I cannot read the FL registration numbers well enough to check that way.

I am not sure but it is made on the order of a 1954s model Lone Star. They were made in Texas. My dad owned a Marina on a lake in SE MO and he bought 70 Lone Stars over a couple years in the 50s to rent out. The only thing throwing me is the hand hold on the front. The Lone Stars we had it was solid. But, they could of made some models like that with the hand hold.

Latest posts