tracker weight

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrtib

Reaction score
I got a 1987 TX17 Bass Tracker that I want to get rid of, its gutted ,bare bones. Does anyone know what it weighs? I would like to sell it but the price of aluminum is so high I might would scrap it instead. Its in A1 shape and would hate to do that but I have just lost interest in it.

Let me know how much theyll give you for scrap. I might be able to match it and put it to good use. It'd be a bit of a drive but if its in good condition I'd like to take on a new project.

Think I might just try to sell it, very had for me to scrap out such a nice boat, just don't want to spend a lot of time trying to sell it. Does 650.00 sound like a fair price to ask when i go to sell it?

Attachments

• tracker1 008.JPG
    tracker1 008.JPG
    235.1 KB · Views: 533
  • tracker1 004.JPG
    tracker1 004.JPG
    251.6 KB · Views: 533
Depends on what boats go for in your area. Considering it'd need work to fish comfortably, I couldn't see paying anything over 500 with the trailer.

Sure looks clean for its age

Ah come one :wink:

Slap some floors and decks in that thing .... hang a motor on the back .... and sell it for $2k.

I recently scrapped a 14' Smokercraft, that had more holes than swiss cheese, that weighed about 125# stripped out and got $134.50 out of it. If You could sell it on C/L for $400-500 for the way it sits, I'd think that was good here in N. IN., since there's a few hundred boats for sale. Remeber, to rebuild it , it'll take at least 40hrs. labor and $4-700 worth of material , not to mention a motor, batteries, etc. Just my $0.02 worth. Good Luck on selling it :LOL2: , as it looks way too nice to scrap. :(

SOLD the boat today 700.00 and got another 250.00 for the trailer. Had more calls and offers than I could handle wasn't on craigslist a couple hours and had a firm buyer. Also had buyers wanting to pay higher if I would sell to them but gave my word to hold it. I am very happy its going to good use and thanks for all the input.

DONT SCRAP IT! My tracker is the same year as that, and I wouldn't want to see a tracker of the same year and same ressemblance go to waste, if you can please try and sell it, because it'd make me sad. Not telling ya what to do, If you need to, scrap it, but I'd put it up for best offer on Craigslist, see what kind of offers you get.

jrtib said:
SOLD the boat today 700.00 and got another 250.00 for the trailer. Had more calls and offers than I could handle wasn't on craigslist a couple hours and had a firm buyer. Also had buyers wanting to pay higher if I would sell to them but gave my word to hold it. I am very happy its going to good use and thanks for all the input.

Good for you. That is way better than scrapping =D> That is what I would have done :wink:

Lonny

Latest posts