It's arrived

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badbagger

Reaction score
Picked up my new to me 2009 1872 SeaArk after a long trip and back to LA - aka Lower Alabama. Got a deal on it. Sold the engine to a friend which is an 09 Etec 40. Make a long story, the hull and trailer set me back $2200. Linex, paint and an Etec 115 are in the future and some metal fab work from Dawson. Been a while coming but it's here.

Attachments

• 7web.jpg
    7web.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 2,263
  • 8web.jpg
    8web.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 2,263
  • 9web.jpg
    9web.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 2,263
  • 14aweb.jpg
    14aweb.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 2,263
  • 15aweb.jpg
    15aweb.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 2,263
  • 16web.jpg
    16web.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 2,263
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 2,263
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 2,263
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 2,263
Big enough to throw a party in it.....and you saved enough money to make it a great party!

Hope it doesn't take too long to get a motor on it. I'd hate to see it not getting wet.

First things 1st, pulling the engine and putting down a deposit within a week or so on a new 115. Next up will be some tin fab work followed by paint and Linex. A fair amount of dollars so it'll be slow but when I'm done, it'll be ready to fish.

Badbagger said:
First things 1st, pulling the engine and putting down a deposit within a week or so on a new 115. Next up will be some tin fab work followed by paint and Linex. A fair amount of dollars so it'll be slow but when I'm done, it'll be ready to fish.

That thing will fly with a 115. I have a 50hp Merc on my Tracker Grizzly 1860 and it'll do 30mph all day long.

My 1752 with a Yamaha 115 four stroke does 80 mph when it’s being towed behind my truck. :LOL2:
No seriously I think it will run upwards of 60 but I doubt I’ll ever run it there. Hoping to find out soon, shooting for the first or second week of March to splash her. I think a 115 is a good choice for that boat.

reedjj said:
Love it! I Havn't been on here in a while...Did you sell the G3?

Thanks, NEGATIVE. Got it listed though. Sold motor and ended up selling controls with it for $4400 so this boat and trailer set me back $1800!

You got that boat and trailer for $2200? Dear god i would give my left you know what for that boat! Nice rig, but what you need to do is take out that sissy center console ,camo it up, put in an enormous livewell, slap a 90 horse tiller motor on it and make that thing into the ultimate duck hunting/catfishing boat! Very nice rig man!
Chris

chrispbrown27 said:
You got that boat and trailer for $2200? Dear god i would give my left you know what for that boat! Nice rig, but what you need to do is take out that sissy center console ,camo it up, put in an enormous livewell, slap a 90 horse tiller motor on it and make that thing into the ultimate duck hunting/catfishing boat! Very nice rig man!
Chris

Thanks, I ended up selling the controls with the motor so I actually paid $1800. Putting at least a 115 on it but keeping my console thanks.

First mod.. new engine - Got a screamin deal on a new Etec 115 - $7k with all new free rigging from Evinrude. Controls yada yada. I've got a LOT to do and it's all very costly so it'll be slow process but I wanted to jump on this deal while it was there.

Attachments

• 115.png
    115.png
    210.6 KB · Views: 541
I can’t say anything bad about the E-TEC motors. I believe they’ve proven themselves. Personally I’m a diehard Yamaha four stroke guy. The E-TEC is still a two stroke and you still have to buy $30 a gallon two stroke oil, but it’s a great motor and it will be a sweet setup on the SeaArk.
I believe the E-TEC motors are in the top three for sure. #1 Yamaha four strokes #2 Evinrude E-TEC # Mercury Verado.

Just my 2 cents :)

It should move along. I priced the Yamaha vs the Etec. There was at the very least a $2300 difference and I just could not justify that.