Give me some opinions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbritt23

Reaction score
boat1-2-1.jpg

boat2-1.jpg

So i can either run my pvc pipe on the side of the boat like in the pic above.

Boat1-3.jpg

boat2-3.jpg

Or i can run it on the floor on the drainage part. what do youll think would work best

Either one but it can be a pain to run PVC through those channels. I ran the wire down the sides but used wire loom instead of PVC

Yeah it would i would love to do that. But I don't wanna cut into the deck and take the risk of not being able to get the wires though I'm open to suggestions or input on this

Could you drill 2 holes in the tube that runs down the top of the side of the boat or gunnel, and just fish it through there? I do'nt know if the side alum splits that round top, if it was all hollow it might work. Maybe drill a small hole and see whats inside?

juggernot said:
Could you drill 2 holes in the tube that runs down the top of the side of the boat or gunnel, and just fish it through there? I do'nt know if the side alum splits that round top, if it was all hollow it might work. Maybe drill a small hole and see whats inside?

i was thinking of doing that but either way the wire would have to come out the back by the battery so then i would have 2 wires showing trying to make it look a little clean i think im going to cut a small hole in the storage box up front and take a look hopefully the whole underside of the deck isnt full of foam. if its not then under the trolling motor bracket im thinking of putting a hole big enough for a peice of pvc to pop out with a cap on it with the wires going down on the inside and silicone it so water cant get in the foam. or something along them lines trying not to mess up a brand new boat too bad. Just trying to do a clean install

One other thing that stands out to me but may be different for you. I normally sit off center of the boat to the right side when I'm driving. For that reason, I installed my batteries on the left side of the boat to balance it out a little better. Doing that would also make a straighter shot for the wires instead of having to cross from right to left at the front.

JMichael said:
One other thing that stands out to me but may be different for you. I normally sit off center of the boat to the right side when I'm driving. For that reason, I installed my batteries on the left side of the boat to balance it out a little better. Doing that would also make a straighter shot for the wires instead of having to cross from right to left at the front.

Yes i sit there as i may end up doing that then i would have to run wire though pvc to my junction box that will sit under me for my switches and tilt and trim switch. usually i just install the battery right behind where i sit and tank on the other side but the way this one is set up the tank will go right in the center.

Latest posts