aluminum flooring

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zum

Reaction score
Anyone using this or see in used in a projectIMGP1209.jpg
looks like the water would drain through and light
Sorry forgot to mention it's aluminum,probably wouldn't get hot either?

https://www.jetdoctor.net/products/image.php?productID=216
found this company using it in alot of their boats(sorry if the link is not aloud)

Zum said:
https://www.jetdoctor.net/products/image.php?productID=216
found this company using it in alot of their boats(sorry if the link is not aloud)

Links are allowed, I don't think you have any motives :LOL2:

From the picture you posted it looks like a flimsy screen, but from the link it looks like solid thin flooring. I bet it will get hot when the sun beats down on it.

perforated_300x300.jpg

I recognize that stuff! Used it in the Navy for vertical partitions and non-load bearing structures. It's aluminum perforated metal. Basically it has small circular holes in it that have been stamped in it by a machine. It can stretch if enough weight is applied to it, and in turn would round-out (enlarge) the holes the screws are in and start sagging/streching more. It will get hot also. Now...if it was stainless ($$$!) it would hold-up better, but still get hot, probably worse than aluminum. Nice concept though! :)

I bought my boat from thejetdoctor. I have the perforated flooring and I love it! Don't by any means question the strength of stuff. I tournament fish out of my boat and I am always jumping around for the net and god knows what else. I am 6'2 250lbs and not dents or dings in the flooring. I was fearfull of that when I had a co-angler that weighed 350lbs, but he actually fell on the flooring and nothing happened. Besides the fact that he darn near threw me out of the boat! LOL!

David Earnie (aka thejetdoctor), is a stand up dude and sells one hell of a product. If anyone has any questions, pm me, or if you get anywhere near Indianapolis, I'll take you for a spin, or come by and check it out for yourself.

Pont

Pont,

What is the thickness of the perf. metal in your boat? The stuff I was used to was fairly thin, thereby my statements of it's bendability (word?). Didn't mean to imply the perf. metal wouldn't work. Sorry 'bout that folks #-o

Man, I'm not sure how thick and I didn't ask David when i bought it, but if you email them, he will answer your question. He's a little slower on the emails. I got the feeling he's not that computer savvy, but I won't swear to that. I'd just give them a call.
It's solid stuff though. Doesn't get slick in the rain when swingin fish in the boat. Plus, I hate to admit that my dog crapped in the boat, but it cleaned up easy. It was her first time and she was nervouse so... LOL!
I'll try to get some pics of my flooring tonight and post them when I get a chance. I gotta get the other half to come off her camera.

Latest posts