Do you have liability insurance for your boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugoismad

Reaction score
Ohio doesn't require I have it, but I decided it would probably be worth it.

My big concerns were if I sank and the gas/oil in the boat get into the water and the state going after me, or if I messed up and hit someone else / a dock. Not that I plan on it! But I've done stupider things.

Called a few places, and got insurance through progressive for $100 a year for a quarter million in liability coverage.

I live in Connectistan...our premiums are much higher...but that factored in $100 sounds reasonable.

Full coverage thru Progressive here. $246 a year, and if I take a total loss, and live thru it, my handle becomes PsychoHB20, ready to fish.

Hummm, I thought I replied to this (?).

Any event, when buying full coverage, please understands there's a difference between "replacement value" and "agreed value".

Replacement pays for replacement MINUS depreciation.

Agreed pays in full of the agreed value, no depreciation plus pays any salvage fees.

Seon said:
Hummm, I thought I replied to this (?).

Any event, when buying full coverage, please understands there's a difference between "replacement value" and "agreed value".

Replacement pays for replacement MINUS depreciation.

Agreed pays in full of the agreed value, no depreciation plus pays any salvage fees.

Good Point, just checked my policy...$234 a year and agreed value of 13k.

boat us. agreed value. took a boater safety class online for 10% discount. got towing included. 140 a year. am getting ready to retire. wont be able to afford a new one if something happened. check em out

Just got quoted $154 /yr from Foremost, includes Liability, Personal Property, Trailer and Boat. Granted my boat is only worth $5k-$6k but I just wanted to be covered if I park my boat outside and someone steals it.. (*knocking on wood)

digi said:
Just got quoted $154 /yr from Foremost, includes Liability, Personal Property, Trailer and Boat. Granted my boat is only worth $5k-$6k but I just wanted to be covered if I park my boat outside and someone steals it.. (*knocking on wood)

Peanuts! Worth it in my opinion.

Are you covered if your trailer comes off while towing and causes damage?

To answer the OP's question, yup..

Oddly enough, because of minimums, my liability and full coverage were the same price, $75 a year for boat/motor/trailer..

So I took the full coverage.. It's not worth a lot, but I'll take a little over nothing pretty much anytime.. :)

Latest posts