Low Tech Anchor Storage Solution

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ebug

Reaction score
Hello all.

One of things about my boat that I have not enjoyed is the noise that the mushroom anchors make as I bounce across rough water. I always see them dancing and pounding all over the bottom of the boat....and if I don't remember to move then down off the deck it literally pounds into the floor while under way...scaring the day lights out of me every time.

I have been looking for a solution to this for a while now. The trusty old google search never seemed to supply me with any sort of elegant solution. Well today I was in Tractor Supply buying feed when I saw these small bowls made out of rubber. I thumbed through the selection and bought two that look about the right size for $4.99 each. When I got them home it looks like my guess on size was right on. The 15lb mushroom anchors I use fit snuggly down into them. The pliable rubber provides enough friction that you have to tug at them pretty good to get it free.

I will screw these to the deck floor front and rear near where I normally throw them from. Now I wont have to listen to them boucing all over the place and they will be where I need them the most.

Rob

Attachments

• anchor.jpg
    anchor.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 4,019
+1

Those "feed bowls" are super cheap and are tough. Thanks for the idea. That rubber will pretty much reduce the noise and bounce. Thanks for sharing.

Great idea. That was an inspired find at TS. Now, I wish I had a mushroom.

Actually, today I am building a top-hinged, hollow step to help me get up onto the front deck. I will size it to fit my anchor inside of it, too. I don't use an anchor much, and this will keep it out of the way and quiet, also. I will use an cut-down old battery box to keep things from rattling around and dry. Saw the idea on another site.

richg99

I am just happy when I remember to pick up both anchors before I head to the ramp.

Congratulations on your idea making front page news on the home page!
https://www.tinboats.net

Latest posts