Need help identifying boat info

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okchiefsfan

Reaction score
Hello,
New to this site and was wondering if anyone could help me identify this boat. All I know is it is a Cadillac boat a little over 13 ft. long. I found the numbers 624 stamped in the transom. The floor of the boat has some whitish, greenish paint on it. I could not find any serial number or any other numbers on the boat.

My dad inherited this boat from my great grandpa. Dad told me they used to fish out of it in the 1960's. My dad gave me the boat last weekend and I would like to get it ready to create memories with my 3 kids. It came with no title and no info of any kind. I don't think it has ever been registered either. I am going to see if I can jump through all the paperwork hoops beginning next week.

I have tried to find info out on the web and have not been very successful. Any info or leads to info would be greatly appreciated. My kids and I are very excited but realize we have some hoops to jump through before we can use it. Thanks in advance for you help.

Phil

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    55.6 KB · Views: 483
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 483
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    45.7 KB · Views: 483
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    38.2 KB · Views: 483
If you haven't looked yet, check out the Wagemaker Woverine website. They also have a FB page.

If I had to guess, your boat was made in the 50's, and no.... It wasn't from the auto maker; although many of the models (and logo) were quite similar to the land boat versions.

Nice boat you inherited! I had a similar Cadillac aluminum boat in the Pacific Northwest 15 years ago and wish I'd never gotten rid of it. Here are some links that might help you get started:
https://www.google.com/search?q=cadillac+aluminum+boat&oq=cadillac+aluminum+boat&aqs=chrome..69i57.5586j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Cool pictures and old ads:
https://www.wagemakerwolverineboats.com/cadillac_aluminum_boats.html
Best regards

Thanks for the replies! Still haven't been able to pin down much info. Started the paperwork to get the boat titled and registered. I also need to give the boat a good cleaning and polishing. Any suggestions on making her shine like new would be appreciated. I still need to put some water in it and check for leaks.

I also am going to attempt to get a 1962 Sea King 5 hp motor up and running. My grandpa bought it new but it has been sitting for over 40 years. I am excited and ready for the challenge though. I hope to rebuild the magneto plate this weekend. Thanks for your help.

Phil

Latest posts