Introduction and First Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartyN

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have been reading this board for a couple of weeks now. I have modified and decked a couple of jons in the past, but cheating this time. Haha. I just bought a brand new Tracker Grizzly 1648:

https://www.trackerboats.com/boat/?boat=3939

I fish mostly private tanks here in Texas with a trolling motor only, no outboard. I don't have much to do to get this ready to fish. The first thing I have decided to do is to paint it. Just wanted something a little different than the standard green color on this boat. Then, I just need to do the basic wiring for the batteries, trolling motor, and depth finder so it will be ready to fish. Following that, I will want to add rod storage and some hatches for tackle/storage (I'm open to ideas and suggestions for these small projects).

My first question: this sucker is heavy. Other than recruiting enough friends/neighbors to help me lift it off the trailer to turn it over and paint the hull........are there any other creative ideas you all have seen to make that simpler?

Thanks in advance.

Marty
Celina, TX

Hi Marty. Congrats on the new boat and welcome.

About your first question on how best to flip the boat. I think the easiest & quickest way is exactly what you already said. Get some friends over - and boom - you are done! You might want to have some saw horses or something ready to sit it on.

Latest posts