1987 Fisher SV18 CC

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronjon1190

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a chance to buy a 1987 Fisher SV18 CC aluminum center console. It is just the hull, on a Karavan Classic trailer, and I think I can get it for under $900. The boat looks pretty solid. It is bigger than my Starcraft, and I am looking for a little bigger boat, to go out on Long island sound with. The only problem, is I can't seem to find any information online about this boat. Is there anything I should be on the look out for? Where would the capacities plate be located on this boat? Anyone have any experience with this boat?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180508-084932.png
    Screenshot_20180508-084932.png
    256.1 KB · Views: 2,279
Well, It followed me home. It looks like it will need a transom, which I just got thru doing on my starcraft. The really nice thing about this boat, is that the transom core is the only wood thing on the boat, other than a few trim pieces. the deck is all aluminum. The boat is sitting on a Karavan Classic trailer, and although I have not put the two side by side yet, it looks to me like it is the same trailer that the starcraft is on. I may be able to just float them both off and swap trailers-- that would save me a trip to the DMV!

IMG_20180508_191350.jpg

This Fisher will need some work, The onboard tank needs to be checked out, It needs a helm and steering cable, and the transom needs to be done, but after that, It should be a seaworthy boat! I will probably just clean everything up, and tarp her for the summer, and get into this one this fall, after boating season is over. I just put too much work into the starcraft to not get out and enjoy her!

Congratulations. That is a very nice boat. If it were mine, I would have a smile on my face. I don't know anything about Fisher's off hand, but have seen quite a few around over the years. I think you done real good.

Youse asks ... youse receives ... for a 1988 model

https://boatspecs.iboats.com/Fisher__SV-18_CC__1988/bp/66b112808

This outboard center console is 18.25 feet long and weighs 760 (pounds dry). This weight does not account for passengers, fuel, or gear. The beam of this craft is 84 inches. The max horsepower for this boat on our records is 125 hp . If you choose to buy a replacement engine for your Fisher SV-18 CC boat, it is recommended by many, that you verify the max horsepower for your boat.

This is because of safety reasons - as it would effect the insurability of your outboard boat. Be sure to have the manual for your engine handy, not only for your safety, but to save you money on repair costs.

Thanks Earl, I will look there when I get home. Honestly, I haven't even looked for it yet.

Dale, thanks! that information from I boats is about all that a google search turns up on this boat. Doesn't matter, as long as it floats!

WV- I ended up getting it for less. No additional wood to rot, and that was my exact thinking!!!

Hey, I ran across this forum and saw your post about the Fisher boat. Just wanted to offer my limited knowledge if and when you decide to work on it. I also have a Fisher SV-18 CC. Decided to "remodel" it a couple of years ago (including a new transom). I would be happy to share some of my trials and tribulations with you. Maybe save you a little time and trouble. Just let me know. Good Luck.

Redneckrod, I bought a 1989 SV18 tiller. The gas tank is leaking so I have to take a section of the floor out to inspect it. Have you had to do this to your boat?

Hey Redneckrod. I have an 89 sv18BT (tiller) and have a leaking gas tank under the deck. I have to remove the section of the floor above the tank and inspect for the leak. Have you done this before? Since the floor is 1 piece, I can cut with a grinder or router but don't want to cut into framing or lines/electrical. Have you done this yet? If so, can you give me pointers? TIA

SM88, I have a 1989, 16’ Fisher SV2 side console. I removed the all aluminum floor by simply drilling out the pop rivets (after I pulled up the nasty carpet). Took less than an hour. It was a single piece. I actually did a total refit/refurbish of my Fisher but I didn’t have a built-in tank to deal with. I’m not sure how much different the hulls are but below are 2 pics of mine with the floor removed. Incredibly well built boats.

6D3617A9-5BA2-4E0A-9558-42C028170635.jpeg61392138-8617-488B-8034-49155E9A498C.jpeg

That looks like a really solid boat. Very cool, having a full aluminum floor! Looks like a 70-90 HP 3-cylinder motor would be perfect.

Did the OP ever get his work done? That would be an easy boat to resell if he didn't feel like the hassle.

It has a 60 hp Mariner (1988) that gets 31 mph at full throttle (per gps, no current, no wind) with 12 gallons of fuel and two people. Unfortunately the boat is only rated for a 60 hp max.

That looks like a really solid boat. Very cool, having a full aluminum floor! Looks like a 70-90 HP 3-cylinder motor would be perfect.

Did the OP ever get his work done? That would be an easy boat to resell if he didn't feel like the hassle.
I never got around to it. My current project is remodeling a house on a lake that only allows trolling motors, so I decided to sell my fisher, since I won't be able to use it on my lake. It's located in East haddam CT, if anyone is interested!

Latest posts