2006 Tracker Pro Guide V16 - What do you all say?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Man

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Decided to sell the Bayrunner I recently purchased as it was too tender (tippy).

I want a more stable boat where I can stand on bow and/or stern and cast without out casuing boat to radically heel.

Also, In have 13yo old son who is on the Autism spectrum and want to tke him fishing with me. Wife and I both want a boat that is stabkle for him to move around on withoir fear of boat tipping over.

So.......

Found a used 2006 Tracker Pro Guide V16 with a 60hp Mercury 4 stroke. It is the walk through windshield model. Going to look at it tomorrow.

Should this tracker be much more stable that the Bayrunner 15 I just sold? Bayrunner was similar in
specs to a Gregor 15. Length 15; beam 65"

Not sure of its stability. It is only 16 in length with about an 85" beam. See pics below....

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 00T0T_7MI45PF748J_600x450.jpg
    00T0T_7MI45PF748J_600x450.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,880
  • 00D0D_8ykD0acXXIH_600x450.jpg
    00D0D_8ykD0acXXIH_600x450.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,879
  • 00Q0Q_kQnlqjJnHJP_600x450.jpg
    00Q0Q_kQnlqjJnHJP_600x450.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,880
  • 00C0C_9JYOAxaCu0N_600x450.jpg
    00C0C_9JYOAxaCu0N_600x450.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,880
Have rented a SC model with same motor from the base before. Decent 35mph performance and fairly stable. Didnt have any issues with it except it had a different style trolling motor I wasn't sure how to run (newer minnkota flat pedal)

Purchased it!!

It's a little bumped and bruised.....dents, dings, scratches on side of hull and scrapped on bottom of hull as if beached frequently on sand/beaches. It is a well-used fishing boat!

Has a 2005 Merc 4 Stroke 60 hp EFI.

Going to take it out tomorrow for its maiden voyage (with me at least). Try out all systems, engine, TM, livewell, etc....

Will know if she leaks when we get back to dock, place on trailer and remove drain plug!!

Questions about repairs, upgrades, and mods will be forthcoming after I she how she performs.

Thanks!

My 02 40 EFI 4S big foot will push my roughly 1100# 1860 triton pretty fuel efficient. I went about 40-50 river miles at 1/3 throttle on only 3-4 gal of gas. The SC version of what you have with same motor did just about 15% less than that when I rented it.

RedHatRedNeck said:
My 02 40 EFI 4S big foot will push my roughly 1100# 1860 triton pretty fuel efficient. I went about 40-50 river miles at 1/3 throttle on only 3-4 gal of gas. The SC version of what you have with same motor did just about 15% less than that when I rented it.

Good to know that a smaller 40hp pushes it fine.

If the day comes and I need to repower, a 40hp is a lot less costly than a 60hp!
I'm not looking for speed....just want to fish and get to various locations at 10-15knots

I took it out to today and it did 23mph at 4000 rpm.

Ran great until it started missing. Miss lasted for about 15 min as I motored along at about 5mph...just over idle. I heard several beeps I assume are from motor when I attempted to increase throttle.

After 15 mins, miss disappeared and it ran fine after that.

Hate to take it in for a $500 service!!!
How hard is to to:

replace plugs, fuel filter, water pump impeller, change oils, etc....?

Thanks!

Only thing you asked on that I haven't done yet is fuel filter. Shoot me a PM with your email. I have the manuals in PDF and can send them to you. Think they should be on the site with the rest of the ones Jim has too. 40/50/60 share same manual.

My boat weighs less and pushes differently than yours. If needing to repower I wouldn't go less than 60. 40 does ok for now but when I repower it will be 60 or 75.

Tin Man said:
RedHatRedNeck said:

Good to know that a smaller 40hp pushes it fine.

If the day comes and I need to repower, a 40hp is a lot less costly than a 60hp!
I'm not looking for speed....just want to fish and get to various locations at 10-15knots

I took it out to today and it did 23mph at 4000 rpm.

Ran great until it started missing. Miss lasted for about 15 min as I motored along at about 5mph...just over idle. I heard several beeps I assume are from motor when I attempted to increase throttle.

After 15 mins, miss disappeared and it ran fine after that.

Hate to take it in for a $500 service!!!
How hard is to to:

replace plugs, fuel filter, water pump impeller, change oils, etc....?

Thanks!

How old is the gas? I find that when things are running crappy, the first thing I do is change the gas since it seems the stuff these days doesn't last more than 3 or 4 weeks before it starts causing problems.

Beeping is a bad thing though, it's generally an oil injection alarm or a temperature alarm. You never want to ignore an alarm.

Latest posts