Can you use wood flooring in an aluminum?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lap202

Reaction score
20180520_200827.jpg

Was thinking about putting it on top of foam like this, but my step-dad seems to think it's a bad idea.

Thoughts?

looks heavy and it will be wet all the time under the foam, I can't see it lasting long, maybe it would? Personally I would use 1/2" plywood, sealed with varnish or the old timers formula and no foam, but that's just me.

Yes you can but, it will be harder to mount all of the boards down and will weigh more than a plywood floor.

Pretty sure there are some boats on here that used boards for flooring....looked pretty nice when done but will be heavy. Some of that composite board would be lighter and waterproof but lack the wood feel.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

The truth is you could just about use anything you want but the questions is, is it durable or practical. There are a lot of factors to consider, weight and ability to resist rot, are probably to two biggest factors. Then there is cost, ease of work-ability and I'm sure there are more.

Prefinished hardwood flooring is usually only finished on the exposed side. Once it gets exposed to water and condensation I imagine it would distort horribly.

Latest posts