Scrap or Save

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newblood

Reaction score
So first post here. Want to say thank you for all the helpful information I have gotten by just reading. I am looking at a possible project boat. Never done a boat before but have average skill set in general handy work. I came across this boat I can get for little to nothing and want to know if you think it might be worth it. I would imagine it is about as bad as it looks and needs complete overhaul. scrap it or save it? What are your thoughts on the project?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 802
  • 2.png
    2.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 802
  • 3.png
    3.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 802
  • 4.png
    4.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 802
Nearly all aluminum boats can be saved. You cannot say the same about wood or fiberglass boats.
All of the work taking out the old deck has been done.
Save it and give it to someone you like, or sell it for a profit.
I have been making money on boats for decades.

Billinthedesert said:
PPine, if you have been MAKING money on boats for decades, I can think of a lot of husbands who would hire you as an expert witness to testify before their wives!
:LOL2:
I do not buy new boats, and I don't hire famous people to add tricked out modifications.
I do my own mechanical work for the most part and improve them. It is the same as old cars. You have to learn the process. Know which ones to buy and which ones to pass on.

Latest posts