bluetooth speakers

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcbouy

Reaction score
i've been kicking around the idea of adding a bluetooth stereo to my boat and have been looking at the round boss unit that fits into a standard gauge hole,now i'm rethinking and considering a good bridgeable waterproof bluetooth speaker setup instead.i have a pyle that i carry on the boat and in the camper but it sounds,lets say,"not good" and not loud.most of my music i can get from my smartphone anyway,and i also have the siriusxm app as long as i am in a cell coverage area otherwise it's the playlist.anyway,do any of you use a bluetooth waterproof portable speaker and can you recommend one that sounds good in a marine environment?

I use a JBL Flip 3 around the house and pool. It is splash proof, sounds great, loud and holds a charge a long time. It's cylindrical though, so not sure how well it would work on your boat unless you have a shelf of some sort to secure it. I have a Pyle marine amplifier with speakers and an aux jack that I use on the boat. I use a bluetooth aux receiver as I only play music from my phone. If I had it to do over again, I would go the route your taking and just get a decent portable bluetooth speaker for the boat.

I have a Cambridge Soundworks OontZ 3XL, it's flat out amazing. Splashproof, very VERY loud and you can link 2 of them for actual stereo sound which I have yet to do. Battery lasts a long time and it's super easy to connect. It's a good shape for the boat because it doesn't roll around. I usually put it on the console. https://theoontz.com/products/oontz-angle-3xl-ultra-powerful-and-portable-wireless-bluetooth-speaker

Lesa and I have had several BT speakers for boats. What doesn't get stolen by her grand daughter we take out and use in any boat we decide to spash. They work pretty well when drifting and running slow but not very effective when you have the throttle dialed up. I like the sound of the engine and the water anyway when running.
Loud stereos in boats remind me of the boom boxes on Harleys....as if the pipes weren't loud enough already! :roll:

Before I had to switch phones, I just plugged a couple old computer speakers into the phone and if I wanted tunes, I had 'em.

Thinking about a BT set, flush mounted into the front deck. So I'll watch this thread.

I don't often use a radio while on the water, but every once in a while it's nice. 99.99% of the time the "music" is the wildlife...and the quiet. There's this one spot I've been getting some Crappie off of....in the evenings after the birds go to be and the wind dies down it's a consistent 28-29 Db. Quieter out there than in my house, and it sounds really good. Almost deafening. But I've been there well into the nights and could've used some tunes while the fish weren't eating.

most of the time i prefer nature over music,but i also have grandkids that love it when i take them boating.on those days we rip around, tube,campfire on the beach,swim and goof around.it's nice to have some tunes.we take all of our gear across the lake to a secluded beach that's only boat accessable and spend the day,and with bt speakers anyone can play their favourites,as long as it isn't country.i also like to go out by myself and tear around when we're camping, just me and the wife.after putting around hour after hour i need my alone time and a speed fix,and some loud music while she does her thing back at camp.

bcbouy said:
i think i'm going to order the oontz 3xl ultra and give it a try.if it sounds as good as the reviews i'll order a second one.thanks!

I'm really happy with mine. The only comment I'll make is if you like real booming bass, it may not be the best choice. It's got great sound quality and is loud as you can imagine, but not super thumpy like my Bose was. Of course the Bose fell apart in 2 years because their quality is so poor. I need to buy another because I want to put them on the floor under my dual console boat on each side. It will sound ten times better than the stereo that is in the boat now.

i don't really expect thumping bass from a bluetooth portable,so i'm not expecting a whole lot.if it's too lean i can get a sub.the wife bought a bose soundlink 3 for the kitchen,and i have to say it really puts out some decent sound.i use it in the back yard because i haven't gotten around to outdoor speakers yet. my home theater is over 1000 watts and it's a little much when you turn it up to hear in the kitchen.the floor shakes from the 3 12"subs and it makes the neighbors dog howl then they bang on the wall.and the bose it isn't waterproof.

so i'm digging thru the cupboard in the laundry room looking for some velcro and i find not 1 but 2 bnib siriusxm starmate 8 satelite receivers with all the mounting hardware,antennas and power cords.i can have sat. radio on the boat when i'm out of cell coverage,which is 90% of the time,if i install one of those bluetooth boss receivers that fit in a gauge size hole. doesn't need to be sat. ready and doesn't need to have usb playback.i took a long look at the boat and i'm sure i can fit everything easily for a less than a good bluetooth speaker ,around 100 bucks.the universe is really screwing with me.i think i'll wait till the end of october and then make a decision.

Here’s what I bought for my boating and fishing tunes.
Wonderboom - it’s waterproof, floats, and has amazing sound for the money. The only negative is the fact that it doesn’t compete well with my Evinrude E-tec 25 outboard. But for low speeds and drifting, I would recommend it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wonderboom+speakers&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#lbl=OVERVIEW&pie=plaji-i

I bought this Sony recently and love it. Lots of sound, great bass, small enough to toss in the seabag, and it's waterproof. Also has a kind of soft touch coating so it doesn't slip easily from your hands. Couldn't ask for more. I had a whole "marine" system in my old boat that was nice. But these portables really do it all for a quarter of the price. Costco special.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/wireless-speakers/srs-xb40

fe6253a703eb7b77cdc37d90e9a9aa0d

The Fusion Stereo Active unit is VERY nice! That's what the wakeboard uses use ... in the Fusion add they throw it in the water and you can still here it.

Attachments

• Fusion-StereoActive-C.jpg
    Fusion-StereoActive-C.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,395

Latest posts