Water accumulation

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IRS

Reaction score
2011 Tracker V16 Laker 25 hp tiller motor. The back two boxed in areas that are filled with foam and serve as seating surfaces have accumulated quite a bit of what I suspect is rain water. Any suggestions on best ways to drain?
Thanks

Your really not going to get the water out. Until you remove the foam.

But do replace it. I just went through this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gatorglenn said:

X2. Would be nice to know why it got waterlogged. If from the bottom, maybe hold the new foam off the bottom some.

Not a solution for you, but some time ago I was reading about problems with old water logged Boston Whalers (two fiberglass skins with foam in between). One suggested solution was to drill some holes in the outer skin then hook up a shop vac and let it run. Idea was it would eventually suck out the water. My thinking at the time was it would more likely burn out the shop vac. But, who knows.

LDUBS said:
gatorglenn said:

X2. Would be nice to know why it got waterlogged. If from the bottom, maybe hold the new foam off the bottom some.

Not a solution for you, but some time ago I was reading about problems with old water logged Boston Whalers (two fiberglass skins with foam in between). One suggested solution was to drill some holes in the outer skin then hook up a shop vac and let it run. Idea was it would eventually suck out the water. My thinking at the time was it would more likely burn out the shop vac. But, who knows.
Your right it wouldn’t work with a shop vac. Once the water is in its there.
80fab30531a2927dcf10e3097c94a5bc.jpg

It just hangs on until it’s squeezed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for suggestions on accumulated water. Further inspection and testing confirmed my theory of rain water. And, that the water was trapped in pockets created when the foam was injected. I was able to remove some sections of the foam and vacuum out the bulk of the water. I now have a quality cover on the boat and hopefully that will prevent further accumulation.

Appreciate the help.
IRS

Latest posts